Chapter 5 • The Wedding

Mirabella rolled over in her bed

Mirabella rolled over in her bed. What was the time? Why did it feel like she was being woken up earlier than usual? She pushed herself up into a sitting position, Vanessa was standing at the end of her bed, her hands on her hips, and she was wearing a bathrobe and her hair was damp like she had just finished showering. "Don't just sit there," said Vanessa. "You need to get ready. It's already close to nine."

Mirabella juat sat there on the bed not moving as she stared at her cousin. Vanessa sighed before she clapped her hands together while she approached her cousin. "Andiamo, andiamo" She said. Mirabella got up from her bed and made her way to the bathroom.

(Come on, come on)

The warm water hit her back, Mirabella closed her eyes and threw her head back as she turned around and sighed. The water was now hitting her face. Another sigh escaped her lips before she opened her eyes and turned the water off.
She put on a silver silk bathrobe and opened the door to exit the bathroom. Steam from the shower was behind her in the bathroom as though it were a fog.

She entered her bedroom and immediately her eyes fell to her bed. A dress, white as snow was laid down on the bed. It was a beautiful dress, she thought. The dress had some sort of material that sparkled when she moved her head side to side, and over this material was lace with beautiful designs. The sleeves of the dress were made of nothing but lace and the detail on this dress was breathtaking. She couldn't help the smile on her face as she looked down at the dress, but the more she looked at it reality was slowly taking over. She didn't want the dress. She didn't find it beautiful anymore. She wanted to find the nearest scissors and cut this dress into pieces.

Her thoughts were cut short by the sound of someone knocking on the door and entering the room made her shake her head and look up. Vanessa and Andrea entered the room, all dressed up and ready. They looked beautiful. They both wore the similar dresses.

Vanessa wore a long, V-cut , sleeveless dress that had a cream material underneath the white lace which covered it. The lace had white purls and designs that made the dress look as though there was much detail on it. Her hair was parted down the middle, she was wearing white high heels and her makeup was done nicely too; light pink lips, glittered eyeshadow, highlighter that would have blinded anyone, and an eyeliner so sharp that it could stab any man in the back.

Andrea wore a long, sleeveless dress that had a silver material underneath the white, shimmering lace which had beautiful designs all over the dress. Her hair was parted from the side and one side was held by two diamond bobby-pins. Her makeup was much like Vanessa, only that she picked a more red-ish colour than the pink Vanessa had.

It's been a while, and Mirabella was now putting on the dress. A few other girls were in the room with her, and not just Andrea and Vanessa. They were all wearing similar dresses to what Andrea and Vanessa were wearing. These girls, including Vanessa and Andrea were Mirabella's bridesmaids, and she had five.