Chapter 16 • The Villa

Authors note: This chapter will have some tea in it. So get comfy and would you like some sugar and milk with you tea?
☕️ ☕️☕️

___________________

Mirabella looked outside the window. The people and the world looked as though it were just one picture as the car drove. She looked away from the window and went to turn on the air conditioning in the car before she changed the song on the radio. "Are we there yet?" She asked Daniel.

"Almost," replied Daniel. Mirabella had asked him the same question four times now. She was fidgeting and couldn't sit still for for than a few seconds. She exhaled a sigh and threw her hair forward and tied her hair up into a ponytail. It was hot and she was hungry.

"Are we going to be staying at a hotel?" She asked him.

Daniel shook his head. Where they were heading didn't have hotels. It was a village with nothing but countryside villas and fields of grapes for wine. "We're going to stay at the villa just like everyone else," Daniel replied.

After an hour of driving down a deserted road, they finally reached their destination. Mirabella rolled down her window and watched as the kids ran around the village town, there were people selling fruit and vegetables, some sold clothes and many other things. They drove a little further down and Mirabella saw people on horses and some walking with sticks as they walked behind goats and sheeps.

They continued driving for a few minutes, and then they came to these tall black and gold gates. Two men wearing dark brown pants, black boots and white shirts opened the gates for them and they drove up a long driveway with high hedges. There were cars parked outside a handsome villa. The villa was covered in light cream bricks and the roof was a darker brown colour. It's large front door was sheltered under a wide porch supported by stone pillars. The french windows were opened a few curtains hung outside of them and danced to the rhythm of the breeze. There were men standing around dressed much like the two men who had opened the gates for them and somewhere in the back was a fountain playing.

The car came to a stop and Mirabela undid her seatbelt before she got out of the car. She closed the door and stared at the villa in awe. They walked up the steps leading to the front door that was wide and made from glass with black iron craving designs on it. Before she had the chance to even raise her hand to knock on the door, a maid with dark, honey blonde that was tied up into a ponytail with a ribbon opened the door. She stepped aside and Mirabella and Daniel entered the villa.

A cold breeze kissed her skin and made chills run down her spine, the air conditioning must be on, she thought to herself as she looked around. The entrance was beautiful. There are two crystal chandeliers handing down from the high ceiling and there were windows above the door. There were two corridors; the one the left led to the staircase and the one of the right led to the kitchen. Daniel and Mirabella walked to the courtyard of the villa and there was furniture sitting outside with plants and lights on the walls. There were three more corridors that were held by stone pillars and you could walk in the corridors and to the courtyard. Mirabella looked at the furniture and felt bad because it was so nice and they'd throw it away if it got wet during a rainy day. But she then looked up and saw that there was a high ceiling going over the courtyard and that it was made from glass. Had me there for a second, she thought. And that's when she saw the upstairs windows going around, bedrooms, she guessed right.

"They're here!" Bianca shouted over her shoulder, before she approached Mirabella and hugged her.

"When did you get here?" Mirabella asked her, as they parted from the hug.