Chapter 2: Swords

Nandini, dejected by her state, packed her bags to for the long journey to Azianagar. Bidding farewell to her crippled brother Rishabh, and her uncle, Nandini left Mangalnagar with the other dancers. They were soon surrounded by the sounds of the dense jungle. This peace was interrupted by a horse galloping from the opposite direction. Suddenly, Nandini noticed a golden armoured knight mounted on a black muscular horse march towards them. Sensing danger (1), Nandini dismounted her horse and pulled out her sword. The knight towered over her when he dismounted his horse and stood to face her.
Knight: Are you actually challenging a knight from the Indian Empire to a sword fight, young lady?
Nandini: Yes, if that means protecting my kin.
Nandini's sword crossed the Knight's and this battle of force continued for a few minutes until the Knight was standing behind her with his sword on her neck. He cut open the white cloth that covered Nandini's face and arms. The Knight was stunned by her untouched beauty. He was mesmerized by her long silky black tresses, her twinkling eyes and soft skin. Admiring her beauty, the Knight lost control of his sword. Although, Nandini was uncomfortable with showing her skin to an unknown man, she took the opportunity to dissword the Knight. In the process, she also cut  through his armour and  ripped a small portion of his  flesh.
With blood dripping from her sword, she mounted her horse and marched past the Knight who was still standing there in shock.
The previously undefeated Knight was none other than the most reputed warrior of the Indian Empire, Crown Prince Manik. Prince Manik's blood fumed with anger that he had been beaten in a sword fight and that too by a woman. Women were nothing but objects of pleasure for this young prince. He couldn't digest the fact that a woman was more talented in sword fighting compared to him. He had to destroy her, win her and conquer her to null the pain she caused him. With this rage, the prince went back to the palace horse stand and removed his head armour and his broken armour around his arms.
Harshvardhan (Army Chief) noticed Prince Manik bleeding and rushed towards him.
Harshvardhan: Royal Highness, what happened?
Prince Manik: How many times have I told you not to call me that. You are like my father.
Harshvardhan instructs some men to tend to Prince Manik's wound.
Prince Manik: That girl! She actually had the audacity to challenge me to a fight. I have to find her and conquer her.
Harshvardhan: Your engagement is in less than a month. Right now your presence here is more important.
Prince Manik left the horse stands still very annoyed that the undefeated  warrior was now defeated by a woman. (2)

Notes:
(1) A single knight could harm the reputation of the young dancers.
(2) Manik has seen Nandini, but she hasn't seen him owing to his head armour which was still intact after the fight.