Chapter 30: Treaty

Harshvardhan and his men stormed into the Nagaram City Palace killing every guard that tried to protect the Palace from their attack.

Harshvardhan: Rajendra, take your men and go to the east wing where the women reside. Take control, kill some if they protest. I will go to the King myself, and send word when I am done with the King. Only then will you release the women.

Rajendra: Yes Sir.

People within the palace were hiding under furniture to protect themselves from being killed by the Indian Empire soldiers. Rajendra walked into the women's quarters with his team of 50 soldiers.

Rajendra: Your Palace is now under our control. None of you will be allowed to leave until your King has accepted our deal.

One woman hid her child in her arms and tried escaping without the Indian Empire soldiers noticing. However, one soldier saw her attempting to escape their enclosure. He slashed her throat without any consideration for the child in her arms. The child was covered in her deceased mother's blood. She kept touching her mother trying to wake her up. Death was not something a four year old child understood, but was forced to face it at such a young age. Another woman came forward and grabbed the child with fear and tears in her eyes as she looked at the soldier who had a blood dripping from his sword.

Indian Empire Soldier: Thats what happens when you try to break our rules.

Rajendra was just following the orders of his superior. He was performing his dharmic duty of acting according to the King's wishes, but it hurt him to see a mother of a young child die for no reason. He had hurt women before, like Deepti, but he never crossed the line of his ethical code. King Vendant is making me do things that I could never imagine myself doing. The throne belonged to Prince Manik. Even though he was arrogant, he would have made a righteous King, Rajendra thought as he saw fear in the women's eyes.

Harshvardhan walked through the palace towards the King's room without any trouble, as the Nagaram Palace was unprepared for an attack of this magnitude. He killed the two guards that stood at the golden door of King Veeran's room and bowed down to respect the King.

Harshvardhan: King Veeran. I haven't  left any of your guards alive to announce my arrival, so let me introduce myself. I am Harshvardhan, Chief of Indian Empire Army, acting on behalf of King Vedant. We have captured your Palace and are moments away from taking control of your capital city.

King Veeran: If you wished to wage war with us, you should have sent a message. This is uncalled for.

Harshvardhan: This is the way we work now. We have your women's quarters under our control, so listen to what I have to say.

King Veeran: I am listening.

Just then the chief of army of the Nagaram Empire, Sivanatraraja entered the room and placed his sword on Harshvardhan's neck.

Sivanataraja: Harshvardhan, fight like a true soldier, in the battle field, and don't try these shortcuts . You know that I could take control of your entire empire right now, if I slice your throat right?

Harshvardhan: Do what you wish, but remember you are clearly outnumbered . We have more than 2000 men and 150 elephants at the border. Even if you kill me now, they will fight on behalf of our King.

Sivanataraja: Like I said, it will all be over if I slice your throat now.

King Veeran: Leave him Sivanataraja, he has a point. If not him, someone will take control of their army and win us in battle. What do you want Harshvardhan?

Timeless: A MaNan HistoricalOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara