Chapter 46: Royal

The spies King Vedant sent were discussing what to do about the current situation of Princess Alia taking refuge with Manik.
Spy 1: I think we should go back and inform our King.
Spy 2: No, lets wait and see what transpires.

Nandini held Alia up and took her inside her house. Venkateshwara was unaware about the events that occurred leading to Princess Alia's distressed state. Nandini whispered into Princess Alia's ears.

Nandini: He doesn't like anything to do with royalty. I will tell him you are Manik's sister and he will let you stay here with me.

Princess Alia looked at Nandini with happiness and sadness. Happiness that she was taking such good care of her even though she had plotted to take her Manik away from her. Sadness because Nandini won and she could never be with Manik. There were lots of changes from being almost engaged to pretending to be Manik's sister to stay with his girlfriend.

Venkateshwara: Who is this Nandini?

Nandini: Alia... She is Manik's sister. Her fiancé tortured her so she ran away and found Manik.

Venkateshwara: Ok, make a bed for her in the stable. He will be the best person to console her.

Nandini didn't know what to do or say. Thats why I shouldn't lie! Nandini thought.

Nandini: Wouldn't... Wouldn't  a girl understand her better. I think she should sleep inside with me.

Venkateshwara: You are right. 

Nandini took Alia inside and glanced at Manik who was waiting outside. She gestured letting him know that she will take care of Princess Alia, but Manik called her outside through hand gestures.

Nandini: This is my brother Rishabh, Rishabh, this is Princess Alia. Keep her company until I come back. Alia, excuse me for a moment.

Nandini walked out, Manik pulled her and took her to a secluded space, and pinned her to the wall.

Nandini: What are you doing?

Manik inched closer to her to kiss her.

Manik: This...

He breathed heavily and Nandini could feel it and her breathing increased pace too.

Nandini: I... I thought you had something important to tell me.

Manik: Isn't this important? 

Nandini smiled and Manik claimed her luscious rose petal like lips. He wanted this from the moment she so selflessly accepted Princess Alia into her household. Manik was mesmerized by her beauty even more when she blushed after they had kissed.

Manik: Thank you.

Nandini: Thank you.

Nandini ran back inside the house not realizing that his thank you was for accepting and taking care of Princess Alia. Manik stood there smiling realizing that she had thanked him for the kiss.

Meanwhile, Rishabh was having a good time asking Princess Alia everything about being a princess. Princess Alia was telling him how she had no choice of her own. Everything depended on what her father or to be husband wanted for her or for her people. Rishabh had fallen asleep but Alia continued with her tale.

Princess Alia: I was about to get engaged to Prince Manik before he walked out of the engagement ceremony giving up everything. Now, I have to face his evil brother.

Nandini was overhearing this and she felt bad for causing this situation. If only Manik hadn't fallen in love with me he would have remained in Azianagar as a King and Princess Alia wouldn't have to face the tortures of his brother.

Princess Alia: Not that Prince Manik was a saint either. I heard from some girls that he did bad things to them.

Nandini was shocked. What bad things did he do? Did he conduct a physical relation with them and torture them? I have seen him murder someone in daylight so he could have tortured girls.... She had tears in her eyes thinking of all the possibilities. 

Princess Alia: But... Your sister has changed him completely. Now, I see him as a King. The perfect King to rule our land. I will proudly say that I am a subject to King Manik's leadership. But, I understand why he doesn't want to because if given a chance, I would escape my life too. But he has to realize that his life means so much more. His destiny is to be the King, and that girl who changed him is stopping him from attaining his calling in life.

All this made Nandini think a lot. She walked in after a while and noticed that Princess Alia had fallen asleep on the floor. Nandini woke her up and made her sleep on her own bed. Nandini removed the hay that was on her bed and placed it on the floor and slept down on the hay just like Manik was in these months he was staying in Mangalnagar.

...

King Veeran and Sivanataraja, his army chief, were on their way to meet Manik to convince him to fight against King Vedant.

Sivanataraja: We will arrive by sunrise Your Majesty.

King Veeran: We have to get him on our side. He is our only hope.

Sivanataraja: What can we offer him from our side Your Majesty?

King Veeran: Anything he wants? Gold.. Palaces... Anything.
...
The next morning, Princess Alia woke up to see Nandini getting ready.

Princess Alia: You wake up so early.

Nandini: Yes, I teach dance. After that, I have to go to the farm to get vegetables and then I have to cook. Earlier, I used to help in the field too. But, now that Manik does that, I can spend more time with my brother at home.

Princess Alia: Prince Manik works on the field?

Nandini: Yes, I guess to impress my uncle.

Princess Alia: and what does your uncle think about you two?

Nandini: He likes Manik and so does my brother.

Princess Alia: Does he know that Prince Manik is royalty.

Nandini: No, but Manik is no longer royalty. He became a common man the day he walked out of your engagement.

Princess Alia: You are incorrect. Whether you have the title or not is immaterial . He is a royal by blood and will remain one till the day dies.

...

Thank you for loving all my work! ❤️