[Chapter 5] Different Perspective

-Holly's POV-

I rushed home as fast as I could and slammed the door behind me. How could I be so stupid as to think I even had the slightest chance with Ian?

I slid down the door and began to sob uncontrollably.

I acted as a door stop when someone tried to open the door. "Open up!" Anthony's voice diffused through the wooden door. "I know you're in there, Holly."

"No!" I shouted as I stood my ground.

"Come on, I brought back your stuff!" He tried to persuade me.

I didn't respond, just rested my head in my lap as I closed my eyes. My focus on avoiding Anthony was disrupted when I heard the window to the left of me shatter and I saw a rock hit the wall. I screamed in horror as Anthony climbed through the window. He saw me and sat down next to me, "Please let me explain. We need to talk."

"What? There's nothing to 'explain,' Anthony. You played me like a fucking doll. Making me think you were Ian..." I crossed my arms and stared at the wall to my right. "I can't believe I fell for your petty plead to make me think I was in love..."

"I just couldn't stand you being hung up on Ian." He stated. "He's with Melanie...and you deserve so much more than that...that idiot."

I stood up, "You know what, Anthony. You're the idiot. If you really cared about me, you wouldn't do this."

He stood up with me, "Holly..."

I turned my head in ignorance. But he cupped his hands on my cheeks and tried to kiss me. I pushed him away, "What's wrong with you?" And I bolted up the stairs to my bedroom. Anthony followed me in there, closing the door behind him.

"I care, Holly! Why do you think I keep on telling you that I love you and that you're perfect to me?" He was breathing heavily and his brow was furrowed in frustration. "You're so fucking stuck in this idea that Ian will just one day break up with Melanie and be with you! It's not going to happen, Hol! He only sees you as a friend!"

"Get the fuck out of my house!" I shouted, pointing out the door. "And I never want to see you, talk to you, or even be in the same room as you anymore." I looked away.

He stood there in disbelief. "Look, though I lied about my identity over the Internet, everything I said to you was real."

"Goodbye, Anthony." I murmured under my breath.

He slowly turned around and dragged himself out of my bedroom, closing the door behind him. I heard each and every one of his footsteps as he descended the stairs and slammed the front door shut.

I spun around and walked over to my desk. I plopped down in the desk chair and opened up my email. There was one from Nev and Max that read:

"Dear Holly,

We have found some interesting information on your case with Ian. We'll be dropping by tomorrow to share with you what we found.

If you have any questions or concerns, you know where you can reach us.

See you soon!

-Nev Schulman and Max Johnson"

I slammed my laptop down and began to run my fingers through the blue mess of curls that sat on top of my head. I began to swivel side to side in my chair. I stopped and locked my eyes on the corded phone that hung on my wall. A crazy idea popped into my head.

I got up and dialed Nev and Max.

"Hello?" Max's voice emanated from the speaker.

"Hey. It's Holly. Can I please speak to you and Nev?" I replied.

"Uh, sure."

A few seconds later, Nev's familiar voice greeted, "Hey Holly! How's it going?"

"Not so good." I answered. "Look, Nev, I don't think you should help me anymore."

"What? Why?" He inquired with concern.

"I'm just done with all of this. I mean, I know he's not real. And I honestly don't want to find out who is messing with my head." I lied.

"But, Holly. We have a pretty strong idea of who might be doing this to you."

"Yes, I know, it's Anthony." I remarked angrily, "I'd love to give you your show, but I'm done. I'm really sorry."

"But..."

"Just please find your next person to help. I don't want to talk to Anthony right now, and you won't have any good footage if you keep filming me."

"What happened to make you all of a sudden want to give up?" Nev questioned.

"Yeah, how'd you find out?" Max further interrogated.

I sighed, "It's sort of a long story. But let's just say we were talking and he subtly gave me little hints and cues."

-Nev's POV-

I was shocked. This has never happened before...ever. Then again, her situation was unique. I looked over at Max for assistance, but he looked just as bewildered as I was.

"Oh..." Was the only thing I could think of in response.

"Yes. So I'm done guys, just...go read another email and feel compelled to help." And Holly hung up.

I sighed as Max put the cell phone down on the table, "What do we do now?"

"I want to know what really happened between Holly and this Anthony guy." Max declared. "I mean, he wouldn't just start giving her hints and stuff. There's got to be some motive behind it..." He began to stroke his chin as he gave some serious thought to what's just happened.

"Yeah, but how do we do that?" I inquired.

He snapped his fingers, "We should get his perspective on the whole shebang."

"What are you trying to say, Max?"

He smirked, "Instead of trying to get Holly to give us anymore info, which she clearly is not up to, then maybe we should go find him and get his feelings on this. It's a totally different perspective that'll give us some answers; I'm sure of it! I mean, he wouldn't just make a profile to tick her off."

"But remember," I said, "From what we've learned over this experience, Sometimes people make fake profiles for all different kinds of reasons. Whether they're doing it just because they're bored or they want revenge."

"I know, Nev. But I think there's something that we're missing. Like why would one of her best friends do this?"

"We'll didn't that roommate of hers say all he wants is for her to be happy? What if this profile's more than one person, maybe it's Anthony with the phone and Joey with the Facebook? And maybe even more people outside of that!"

Max put his hands on my hips, "This just keeps getting more complicated by the day."

I jumped up, "Let's start getting some answers. Because I am not giving up on Holly, regardless of what she says."

"Let's go!" Max exclaimed as he headed for the door.

Author's Note: So...this is like a remake of the original chapter I wrote. I was so upset when it got deleted, so hopefully this one is still good! Hope you liked it! Please give me some feedback, I really appreciate it. Thanks! -rac06h10ael