[Chapter 7] Give Him a Second Chance

-Ian's POV-

I stepped to the side as the two guys walked in and were followed by their crew. The two guys sat on the couch adjacent to the one Anthony was sitting up on. He was staring at them with eyes full of fear.

I closed the door and sat down next to Anthony. "So, what's this all about?"

The one with gray hair cleared his throat, "You must be Ian."

"Yes, that's me." I responded.

"Well," The one with dark brown hair said, "We're Nev and Max from Catfish, and we were working on Holly's case. But last night, she gave us a call saying she wanted us to stop filiming and that she knew it was you." He pointed to Anthony. I pivoted to the right and saw Anthony sitting with his head in his hands, like he was guilty. "We want to help you guys, because clearly she means something to you and..."

"Wait." I interrupted. "What happened?"

The two guys looked at each other and then back at me. The one named Max explained, "You're friend Holly has been in this online relationship with 'you'..." He did the little air quotes, "...when it's really him." He pointed to Anthony again.

I turned to Anthony. "Are you going to tell me what happened?"

"No!" He shouted. "It was a dick move of me and I don't want to talk about it. I regret it, okay? Holly hates me. And I feel like shit...what else do you need to do to make me feel worse?"

"Anthony," Nev stated, "This has never happened before on our show. Your guys's situation is quite interesting. And..."

"If she already knows it's me, why are you still filming?" Anthony retorted. "She makes a point."

"Because, we want to help you guys." Max told him, "Like Nev said, you wouldn't be doing this if she didn't mean something to you. So, what we've decided is that we're going to do all that we can to get you two on better terms."

"But she hates me. She doesn't want to see me."

"We need to know what happened, how it all started, and why she doesn't want to do this anymore. Exactly what happened."

Anthony told them the story, from when it all started two years ago to the party and to their argument. I couldn't believe he'd been doing this for so long. How had I not found out? I lived with the guy for crying out loud!

"And now she won't pick up my calls or even make eye contact with me." He finished. "I don't like how this came about...but I only did it because I swear, she and I do have something. But's she always liked him," He gestured to me, "And she wouldn't give up on him till the very end."

"Holly liked me?" I asked.

"No duh!" He yelled, "Why do you think she always sits next to you?"

My jaw dropped and I cupped my hands over my mouth.

"What is it?" Nev inquired.

I gulped, "I remember all the times when she and I were alone and she would tell me about the conversations she would have with 'me.' She would always ask when I was going to end it with Melanie, saying I promised I would do it as soon as I got the courage to. And I had no clue what she was talking about." I looked in my lap. "But...I never knew that it was you who was doing it." I turned to Anthony. "How could you do that to our best friend?"

"I've tried to talk to her and tell her I like her as me, but she always said she was waiting for you!" He boomed. "And I was sick and tired of it!"

I stood up, "You don't deserve her, Anthony, you really are a douche." And I stormed out of the house and was going over to Holly's to go talk to her.

-Nev's POV-

I looked over at Anthony, who just was sitting on the couch, staring at the floor.

"Hey," I announced. He glanced up at me. "Max and I want to help you and Holly get together. I mean, you truly do love her, right?"

He nodded his head, "With all my heart."

"Then we're going to make this happen. We just...need to get Holly to agree to come talk with us and him." I told Max. He was holding the camera in his hand.

"Yeah, I totally agree with you." Max remarked. "Anthony?" He spun the camera to him, "Do you want this to happen?"

"Sure." We stood up to leave when he gulped, "Guys, all of the things 'Ian' said online, they came from my heart. I'm not a jerk and I didn't do it because I was bored or to get a kick out of it. You understand that, right?"

Max and I nodded our heads.

"We get that, that's why we're helping." Max told him.

-Holly's POV-

I was sitting on the living room couch reading "Fifty Shades of Grey" by E.L. James with my embarrassing reading glasses. Joey brought me a cup of coffee, setting it on the coffee table in the center of the room. He sat down at the end, pushing my feet back to me.

"I'm so sorry to hear what happened between you and Anthony, Hol." He said, taking a sip of his coffee.

"I hate him." I remarked softly.

"But he's your friend. He was with you all through school, right? Through thick and thin?"

I didn't answer him. I tried to focus on my book and ignore.

"He really cares about you, Hol. He wouldn't do it otherwise."

I slammed my book down on the floor and pulled the glasses off of my face. "You're not going to stop talking to me until I agree to give Anthony a second chance, right?"

He nodded his head side to side. "Pretty much."

I rolled my eyes and lay back on the arm rest. "I'm not giving him a second chance. He deceived me into thinking he was Ian. That's not cool."

"C'mon, let's face it, Ian's never going to break up with Melanie. They're inseparable." Joey commented.

"Great, you think that too." I jumped to my feet and walked up to my bedroom. I swear I get no privacy in this house, because Joey just followed me.

"Holly Ann Pascilla." He stated. "Anthony loves you. He wants the best for you. And why just give up on someone who's been by your side through all the shit that happened in high school? It doesn't make sense."

"He lied to..."

"So what if he lied!?!" Joey cut me off. "People do it all the time! And he only did it because your head was stuck up your ass and you didn't realize who really cares about you."

I crossed my arms, "Ian cares about me."

"Yes. But he cares about you like a friend. Not as a girlfriend." And with that statement, Joey walked out of my room, leaving me to think about it.That's exactly what he wanted, and that's exactly what he got. Damn it, I hate when he's right.

There was a knock on the door. I rushed downstairs and swung it open. I gasped when I saw the person standing there was Ian.