[Chapter 11] It Was Sweet

-Anthony's POV-

I watched as Ian walked out of the bar and sat down next to some guy that looked a lot like Joey. Wait, no, that was Joey. What the hell was he doing here?

I turned my head and saw that recognizable blue hair. I immediately looked back at my drink. And then out of the corner of my eye, I looked back at her as she sat there looking around. Just not at me.

I picked up my drink and walked over to her. "Is anyone sitting here?" My voice cracked as I finished that question.

She turned around and her eyes widened. "Uh...no."

I sat down beside her and sighed, "So, how have you been?" I glanced over at her and saw she was just as tense as I was.

"I've been good. And you?"

"Good."

She took a sip of her beverage and looked over at me. "I'm sorry for how I reacted to the whole you being Ian thing. It was irrational."

"No, I'm the one who's sorry. What I did is unexplainable and wrong."

She smirked, "It was sweet." She began to run her finger along the rim of her iced beer mug.

"What?"

"What you did, though it was totally devious. The intention. It was sweet. You only did it because you loved me and my love for you was blinded by Ian."

I took a sip of my beer and looked at her confused. "What?" I repeated.

She sighed, "Anthony, though every time I rejected your advances, part of me really likes you. Joey's right, you have been there for me through thick and thin. You wouldn't do it if you didn't care about me. And you lied because..."

I pulled her in for a kiss. And this time, surprisingly, she didn't pull back. She actually kissed me back.

I pulled out of our kiss and stared at her, waiting for her reaction.

She giggled. "You know, Ian also makes a really good point. He wanted me to be happy. With some other guy than him. And all my life I've had that guy. You." I couldn't believe what she was saying. This had to be a dream.

She looked away when I didn't say anything and took a sip of her beer. I cleared my throat, "Hey. When you said you never wanted to talk to me, see me, or even be in the same room as me, did you really mean that?" I asked her.

Holly let out a big breath and folded her hands in her lap. "It was a thing I said in the moment. I wouldn't ever want to be away from you. Not in a million years." She smirked.

I smiled and laughed. "This has got to be a joke."

She threw me a perplexed look.

"You hate me!" I explained, "Why are you being all different all of a sudden?"

She straightened her posture. "Well, I've done a lot of thinking. I just didn't get it through my head that Ian's happy with Melanie. But now that he talked to me, I don't know, I just...realized that you only did all of this because you really liked me and I wasn't acknowledging that."

"You bet your ass you weren't." I scoffed and took a sip of my beer.

"Anthony!" Ian shouted. I turned around to see him burst through the doors, followed by Joey. "I think it's time for us to go."

"Why?" I retorted somewhat angrily, "I just started talking to her."

"Yeah, but I realized that the video recorded needs a LOT of editing, like you said. So let's go." He grabbed my arm and jerked me to the side. I stumbled onto the floor as he dragged me out of the bar. "I'll see you later Holly!" I called to her. She waved to me.

-Holly's POV-

I watched as Anthony and Ian argue as they walked out of the bar.

Joey sat beside me. "Whew. Sorry I took so long, I had to get something from my car and these big, tough guys..."

I looked at him and smirked, "You didn't get assaulted, Joey. I know you were outside with Ian. I watched you and him giggle and shit when Anthony and I kissed and I was all sweet to him."

"So, you two are dating?" He asked anticipating my answer. Joey was practically jumping up and down on the stool.

"I don't know." I wrapped my hands around the ice cold mug.

"Oh come on! You kissed and everything!"

"I know, Joey. But...he still thinks I hate him. And...though part of me really likes him, the other part hates him for what he did." I admitted. "And I don't think I'm really to date anyone, for that matter, just yet."

Joey rolled his eyes and scoffed, "You and Anthony are fucking unbelievable!"

I punched him playfully on the shoulder and smiled, "Hey, sometimes things don't work out. They need time."

-Ian's POV-

"What was that, man? 'You bet your ass you weren't.' You fucking blew it!" I yelled at him as I drove back to our place.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know tonight was the night things were going to balance themselves out between Holly and me. You should've given me some warning! I would've cleaned up and had a better attitude! But someone didn't tell me!" He shouted back, getting louder and louder with each sentence he said.

I stopped at a red light and sighed, "Yeah, you might've. But I knew if I told you that, you wouldn't go at all. Joey and I planned this...we want you both to be happy."

"We are happy. Away from each other."

"That kiss said other wise." I remarked, glancing over at him briefly. He crossed his arms. "Look, you guys have been on that awkward line of just friends and more than friends for a long LONG time. And what you did...that was just plain wrong." He rolled his eyes and looked out the window. "But what you said to her as me had to be all you, right?"

"Yes. Now can we just forget about that?"

"Two years. Two fucking whole years!" I stated, slamming my hands on the steering wheel. "And I didn't know. You know what that means?" He shook his head no, "You love her. Regardless if you used my identity as a cover."

"Dude, she still hates me. Nothing's going to change between us."

I rolled my eyes, "She does not hate you! She wouldn't have stayed and talked to you if she didn't like you. You guys just make it everything awkward! Why are you two like that!?!"

He shrugged, "I don't know..."

I shook my head, "I still don't get why you pretended to be me. Why not just tell her you liked her?"

"How many times do I have to say it? She was in love with you, and she wouldn't give up until you were with her," He sighed, "And look, I feel like shit about it, okay? I regret it, and I just...just want all of this to stop."

"Then you got to go talk to her, and not have an argument, and figure things out. I'm sure they'll all work out in the end."

"Pfft, sure."

I glared at him, "You caused this by yourself, Anthony. It's all on you. You toyed with her feelings and now you got to fix it. I'm done trying to help." As I finished that sentence, I turned the ignition off because we were in our driveway. We both got out and made our way into the house.

"Hey, do you think Holly's still up?" He asked me, slipping his hands into his pockets.

"I'm sure she is," I answered with a slight smile.