[Chapter 10] The Idea

-Ian's POV-

Joey and I were talking over the phone.

"Yeah, she has this whole 'new light' thing that you supposedly gave her the idea of. But now she's just going to try to get any guy. And in my opinion, Holly can not date any other guy than Anthony!" Joey exclaimed.

"I know. They're like meant to be." I agreed. "What should we do?"

He didn't respond for a moment then said, "Well, we could like, both invite them to a bar. Saying that like you'll be there and you want to talk about something for Smosh."

"Yeah, that's a start, but right now Anthony refuses to talk to Holly."

"And Holly doesn't want to believe that Anthony's the only one to make her happy!" He added.

"Why do both of them have to be so fucking stubborn?" I laughed. "Okay, so, I like your idea. But I think it should be more like...It shouldn't...like, I know them, Joey. And if they were going there to see me, they'd wait until they saw me. They wouldn't go out on their own limb and make things better."

He sighed, "How are we going to get them there then?"

"Why don't we bring them there? You bring Holly and I bring Anthony. We sit them at the bar a few seats away from each other and we tell them we have to leave for some odd reason. You and I meet outside and watch what happens between them." I suggested.

"That's brilliant!" Joey exclaimed. "When should we do this?"

"How about tonight? Anthony's just editing one of the Ian is Bored's that we just recorded. What about Holly?"

"She's just been reading books. She even finished all of the ones she had in her room. I'm sure she'd be up for a drink."

"Okay! See you tonight then!" And I hung up the phone and looked over my shoulder. "Hey Anthony!" I shouted.

"What do you want?" I barely heard come from the office.

"How about you and I go to the bar tonight? Like a guys' night out?" I offered.

I heard some movement in the office and saw Anthony pop his head out into the hallway. "I can't, man, I'm working on the video. I'm not even done with the first minute yet. You were goofing off way too much."

"That's what makes them funny!"

"Sorry, Ian, I can't have a guys' night tonight."

"Please?" I begged. "I miss when we could just go out to the bar and have a good time."

He laughed. I raised my eyebrow in confusion. "Dude, we've never gone out to the bar and had a good time. You're always with Melanie!"

"Well then let's start a tradition! Go to the bar every..." I looked at the calendar on the wall. It was Anthony's sexy calendar and he refused to take it down, regardless of how much I begged to take it down, "...Wednesday!"

He rolled his eyes, "I really don't want to."

"Come on, it'll get your mind off of Holly!"

Anthony sighed, "I guess I could always edit it later..."

"YES!" I exclaimed. He rolled his eyes and slugged back into the office.

-Joey's POV-

I found Holly where she has been a lot lately, on the couch reading a book. I cocked my head to the side to read the title - Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks. She had her thick rimmed black glasses on and I could see tears forming in her eyes.

"Holly!" I plopped down at the other end of the couch. She looked up from her book and rolled her eyes. She was silent, waiting for me to tell her what I was going to say. "You and I are going out tonight." I told her.

"No..." She whined.

"Yes! You and I are going to go to the bar!"

Holly sighed, "I don't want to, Joey! I'm reading this book." She waved it up in the air.

"I don't care." I leaned forward and took the book out of her hands. She glared at me. "You have plenty of years to read when you're old. But you're twenty-four and you need to go out more!"

"Why can't you just go out and be young?"

"Because, missy, you were the one who wanted to find your 'new guy,' and I'm just helping you speed that process up a bit."

"I lied when I said that." She retorted.

"Oh come on! You were so happy earlier today! What happened?"

She pulled off her glasses and bit her lip. "I don't know...I realized my theory was fucking retarded, I guess."

"It's not stupid." I put her glasses back on her. "Why don't you wear those in public?" I changed the subject.

"Because they're embarrassing!" She exclaimed.

"You look cute in them."

"Guys don't want 'cute,' Joey. They want sexy."

"Fine, you look sexy in them." I hopped to my feet and handed her her book back. "You and me. The bar. Tonight. Okay?"

She sighed, "I guess, Joey. If that'll make you happy."

"It will." I smiled and walked into the kitchen. "What do you want for lunch?"

"I'm not hungry!" She shouted back.

I rolled my eyes, "I'm making you some spaghetti. You need to eat."

Later that night around 9p.m.

Holly and I walked in and up to the bar. She cleaned herself up and was wearing a little black dress with short sleeves. "Two beers please." I told the bartender as we sat down on the stools. I looked past Holly and saw Ian walk in with Anthony. The bartender handed us the beers and I paid.

I took a sip of mine and stated, "Hey, I gotta go do something be right back." I gave her a quick kiss on the cheek and ran away.

I walked past Ian and out of the bar.

"Was that Joey?" I heard Anthony inquire.

"What? No!" I watched as Ian sat Anthony down precisely three stools down from Holly, who hadn't even noticed him yet. "Can my friend and I have two beers?" Ian ordered.

He did the same thing I did and met me outside.

"Now, all we have to do is sit back and watch them be reunited." I remarked as Ian sat beside me.