A Dance Together

(Young)Charles Xavier

       It was a rather stressful day, one you were ready to end. It was dark and Charles was still in his office or so you assumed, you never really kept track anymore because he always was beside you when you woke up. You tossed and turned unable to get to sleep despite being exhausted from the day. You decided it was time to find Charles, maybe talking to him or helping him with something would tip you over the edge into sleep. You pulled the covers off of you and slipped on some bedroom slippers, ones you quite liked for there cute look and headed towards the only place you could think of. Charles was sitting at his desk, sitting proper like always despite the hour writing in a notepad about things you never asked about. You were curious sure but you never bothered to ask out of respect of his privacy. "Charles, I can't sleep." He gave you a smile "I know, I could hear you complain from here." You scrunched up your nose and crossed your arms. "I couldn't help it, I had to check on you." He stood up and rounded the desk stopping where he could put his hands on your arms gently. "Would you like to dance? I know it is an ungodly late hour but it should help sooth your stress." You thought about it "There isn't any music to dance to Charles." You pointed out and he shrugged. "You don't need music to dance, Love." He placed his hands on your waist and pulled you in, you placed your hands on his shoulders lazily and leaned into him. Swaying the imaginary music and spending an hour doing nothing but truly did make you sleepy but it also made you both pretty happy.

(Young)Erik Lehnsherr

           You weren't feeling yourself, you weren't sure why but you felt exceptionally down. Everything you did didn't feel like enough for anyone, especially yourself. You knew you could do better but each time you tried felt like a waste of time. Throughout this Erik was there, quietly observing the way you beat yourself up. He wanted nothing more than to make you feel better but he certainly didn't know how and decided to ask the only one he thought would know. Someone who knew you very well. Charles. He asked his friend what he could do to make you happier, he suggested candies, flowers, all sorts of material gifts that just didn't seem like it would make the situation any better. So, he went on a whim, on a hunch that he wanted to try. Finding you coupe'd up in your room, music just loud enough to be heard on the other side. Through the music you heard a knock, one you assumed to be Rouge or maybe Storm. You opened the door, completely ready to tell them to leave you alone but meeting Erik's eyes made you move to the side and let him in sheepishly. You had been trying hard to avoid him because you didn't want to snap at him or worse cry like a baby in front of him. Turning the music down so he could talk he offered you his hand "I don't know what's bothering you and it's completely your decision on whether or not you tell me but I'd like to try and help you. Dance with me?" He said as you took his hand, surprised by his sudden affection but also very pleased. The more you two moved around the small room the less sadness you felt and the more it turned into a whimsical happiness.

(Young)Hank McCoy

           You heard from one of the students that was really close to Hank that he didn't know how to dance and you wanted to change that. How? You didn't know because you could hardly get him out of his lab. You always want to get him out of there more often but doing so proved to be quite a hard task. You would slip into a conversation with him that you could teach him out to dance and it would always end up with him denying that he didn't know how or ignoring the statement completely. It was frustrating but you understood, with the number of people around to tease and pick on him(according to him, anyways.) he just didn't feel comfortable doing so. You, of course, didn't take no for an answer and brought with you a small music player. You placed it, playing an instrumental song, on the table next to him. "You're not giving this up, are you?" You smiled "No, but I do it for more reasons than one. Come on, it isn't that hard." You offered him a hand. "Fine." You placed his hands on your waist and yours around his neck, smiling and directing his feet which stepped on yours occasionally. "You said you did this for more than one reason, what's the other?" You laughed "I just wanted to dance with you, that's all. I want to dance with the man I really care about." His face went red and he stopped moving making you stop as well. "Well, I, um, I care about you too and this was really fun. Maybe we can do that more often?" He scratched his head and you nodded placing a kiss on his cheek. "Definitely."

Pietro "Peter" Maximoff(AoU)

           You were clumsy, something you always knew you were and the reason you did NOT dance. The last thing you wanted was to look so much like an idiot that everyone, even those that cared for you, laughed endlessly at you. To put it simply, you were afraid. You had told Pietro that you didn't know how and told him to keep it secret and that's what he's done. He's respected your decision and kept it quiet but that didn't mean he didn't think about maybe helping you out or telling someone so that they could help you. He wanted to, yes, but he was afraid that he'd make you angry. Arguing a few times with his sister she finally convinced him to help you learn to dance. You were laying on your bed, Peter at your side and music playing. You were talking about the things going on in the tower, teasing each other, or mocking someone who pissed you off lately. You were enjoying one of the songs on the radio that was playing when Peter got up pulling you along. "Pete, I told you I can't dance!" You laughed as he insisted on showing you. "I vant to 'elp you! I know you can do it, come on, please?" He pouted and you reluctantly nodded. Taking his hand and following his steps you slowly got used to the small swaying steps. His hands on your waist and yours placed on his shoulders, slightly behind his neck, you became less nervous with each step. By the end of the song you were smiling, Pietro kissed your knuckles on your hand once you two moved away and stopped dancing. "See? I told you." You and him quickly went back to teasing one another but enjoying everything.

James "Logan" Howlett

              You've not had the chance to dance with Logan, you knew he could because you had teased him about it and he told you that he dance just fine he just didn't like to. You trusted and believed him but that didn't make the urge to get the chance to dance with him go away. It wasn't long after your talk with him did you two have a group mission together and you were the unfortunate victim. It was a complete accident and everyone knew that to be true but that didn't make it any better for Logan or your closer friends. Logan spent nights whispering how much he cared about you and how much he needed you to stick around, and making you the promise that if you made it he would dance whenever you wanted to. A few weeks of touch and go, you made it through. You didn't know about the promise he made to you while you lay in the hospital bed unconscious. Once you had healed completely you had brought up the previous conversation about getting the chance to dance with him but this time he agreed and it caught you completely off guard. The reason you had brought it up at all was because the two of you were sitting at home with the radio playing, just talking. Logan had insisted on it and you were pretty sure it had something to do with the mission you had almost died on. You were grateful for this new side to Logan because you knew he always had it, he was just too stubborn to show it. Placing down your drinks you felt his arms bring you close and yours slid around his neck. You were happy, it showed and he could feel it radiating off of you. "So what made you change your mind about dancing with me? Don't tell me you just suddenly decided to do so, I know you better than that." You smirked placing your hand on his cheek. "Ya caught me, I sort of made a promise to you while you were in the hospital. I said that if you made it I'd dance with you whenever you asked next but to be honest I had almost forgotten about it until you asked about it again." He said and you laughed merrily. "Sounds like you, but Lo?" You placed your hand back to where is was behind his neck. "Yeah?" The song had long stopped but you two were caught up in conversation. You pulled him down and kissed him and whispered "Thank you."

Victor Creed

          Victor and dancing didn't really come up in the same sentence and, to be honest you did much care for it either but you did dance on occasion. You only got the chance to dance with Victor once and that was because you begged him. You wanted a piece of your old life, back when you were angry at the world for being unfair and biased towards anyone who was different. You were in a bad mood and when you listened to music it would either improve your mood or make it worse, this happened to be the first rather than the later. "Hey, Victor?" You shouted over the loud music only to get a glare in response. "Oh don't be so sour!" You shoved him slightly but it barely made him move. "Dance with me!" You tugged and pulled at his large arms but he did not budge. "No." He said but you were persistent. An hour, an hour of back and forth he finally gave in and after a lack-luster dance you were happy. "You danced fine, a little sour and forced but, meh!" You grinned watching his face grimace. "Shut up." He grumbled taking his place back on the couch only to have you tease him more and more. You had a blast at his expense on this very boring day.