Feeling Insecure

(Young)Charles Xavier

      You were always insecure about the way you looked. From the way your nose was shaped to the colour of your eyes you would find just about anything to criticize and when you did you couldn't help but feel really down about it. Charles being the exceptionally snoop he was always knew when you were beating yourself up. He always could tell when you were even slightly off, he loved your happy bubbly normal self so he knew when you were forcing yourself to be that person. "Love, why are you so hard on yourself?" He had surprised you one night while you were staring harshly into a bathroom mirror at yourself. You couldn't respond to him and he could see it so he placed his warm arms around you waist. "Well, I think every part of you is beautiful. I love your eyes, your cute little nose and your amazing body. You a wonderful person, you know that?" He kissed your neck before resting his chin on your shoulder. "You look skeptical but I mean every word, I really do believe you look as beautiful on the outside as you do on the inside." He said and you ended up crying in his arms but by the end of the night you were the same bubbly girl you usually are.

(Young)Erik Lehnsherr

     You're just a human to the people around you, to the people who had extraordinary powers that were unique to them. You were just human. Ordinary with no powers and it made you feel insecure sometimes when you would talk with the students or even Charles and Erik. You couldn't help it though, you really would have chosen to be a mutant over just human but it doesn't work that way. "You know sad doesn't work for that pretty face of yours." Erik was standing at the door to your room. You were stuck up in your room in hopes that this feeling of normalcy and helplessness would pass before Erik came back but from the looks of your situation now it wasn't the case. "What's bothering you, Darling. I leave for the day and you're already sad?" He chuckled in hopes of lightening up the situation but it did nothing to dampen the mood. He sat next to you on the bed where you were currently laying, belly down and pillow in hand. "I just, I feel really normal and very average here among all of the mutants. I feel very out of place as much as I hate to say it." For a moment everything was quiet but then Erik broke that silence with another chuckle. "This isn't funny Erik." You huffed and he nodded. "No, but to think you compare to anyone else is. You are uniquely beautiful in your own way and that's why I care about you the way I do. Don't worry about not being this or that because all I want is the you I know." You were shocked speechless before you rolled onto your back and smiled up at him. "You're such a smooth talker Erik but thank you." He didn't say anything but leaned down and kissed your lips softly. You always felt better with him around.

(Young)Hank McCoy

     Life isn't fair, it isn't kind and it is no fairy tail. You were well aware of this and despite your best effort it caught up with you sometimes. Some days, like today, you wished you were simply normal like all of the other girls you used to know. You were drawn in two though because you wouldn't know Hank if you were just a normal girl but you also wouldn't be so insecure about being a mutant. "Watch out!" Hank grabbed your hand before the vile dropped to the floor. "You need to be more careful, I don't want you to get hurt." He noticed the distant look in your normally bright and attentive eyes. He sat the vile down and immediately turned to you, "What's the matter? You're normally much better about things like this." He smiled nervously at you but beckoned you to talk with him either way. "I don't know, I just feel really weird about being mutant. I just, sometimes don't you wish to just be normal?" He nodded. "Yes, I would but wishing for it to be so won't make it so. I have come to terms with it because of you, you know." You looked away from him. "Don't be ashamed or insecure about who you are because you are a wonderful person. Besides, if you weren't a mutant we wouldn't have met and I don't regret one day since then." He smiled more confidently as he placed his hand on your that sat on the table. "Do you mean that?" You asked softly. "Of course I mean it." He said and you took a deep breath finally feeling a little bit better now.