Picture Perfect

The next morning, I wake up to my head pounding and mass confusion. As my eyes are pried open, I glance around and have no idea where I am.

Four white walls are bright from the sunshine bouncing off them and the only furniture in the room is the bed I am on and a long dresser across from me. I pull myself up and see I'm dressed in a red V-neck and immediately my brain puts it together.

I hear a shower in the distance and seconds later, the squealing of the knobs being turned off. I run my hands down my face and catch the bottle of water laying on the bed next to my pillow. I'm twisting the cap off when Ryan comes striding around the corner wearing only a towel around his waist.

"Good morning boozy," he says flatly and I am afraid I'm in trouble. I glance to him as he grabs clothes from his dresser and reply, "I'm scared to ask how I ended up at your place." He tugs a black short sleeve on before looking to me.

"You showed up on my porch shirtless and blitzed." I drop my head into my hands and my fingers muffle my voice as I say, "Oh my lord. Are you serious?" I sneak a look back to him as he buttons his jeans and he nods.

"Yep, you lost your shirt somewhere in Wickham Park." I flop back down on the bed and am mortified. Mel's is right across the park but who knows if anyone saw me on my shirtless drunken stroll.

"You showed up here hoping to strip the rest of your clothes off but I promptly put you to bed." He drops down at the foot of the bed and I wince.

"I didn't even drink that much Ryan. I promise, I just didn't realize how strong the rum was." He pats my leg as he says, "Well I enjoyed you showing up here anyway. I have to go into work for just a little bit today. Do you want to hang here or shall I drop you off at Mel's to get your car?" I know my momma is going to be furious that I left her car overnight in a parking lot, so I figure I should get it back to her before she finds out where it's at.

"My car I suppose. I'm gonna have to steal this shirt though. Can't go prancing around with all my goodies out."

"Again," Ryan smirks and I feel my face flush red. He points to a brown paper bag that's by his dresser and says, "I figured you might be staying here every now and then so I picked you up some stuff from town." I raise an eyebrow at his admission and snatch the bag up off the floor. I spot a toothbrush, soap and my favorite brand of shampoo and conditioner. I also see my favorite tea and the hand lotion I use every morning. I look back to him as he tucks his badge into his pocket and smile, "You do love me, don't you?" He laughs and shakes his head.

"Now, don't go tellin' anyone ya hear?" I shake my head and grab the bag to go freshen up before we head out.

********

Ryan stopped at Wade's Bakery so I could get a chocolate croissant and a coffee before heading to Mel's. The white Mercedes is right where I left it and when Ryan pulls up next to it, I frown.

"Will you come see me after work today? Since it's Sunday, we are only open until eight so I'll be done early."

He nods, "I should be able to. Call me when you're home." I lean across the console and he gives me a quick peck on the lips. I slide out of his truck and quickly settle into my car.

When I arrive home, I quietly cross the foyer to get to the staircase but my momma catches me on the second step.

"And just where have you been, Sawyer Mae?" My head flicks in her direction and she's standing to the side of the banister with her hands on her bony hips.

"I crashed at Ryan's place. Tinsley and I went out after work," I reply and immediately try to continue ascending up the steps.

"Oh I know you went out. I saw the picture!" I stop racing up the steps and turn to face my stoned-faced mother. Confused, I shake my head at her and reply, "What picture?"

"The picture of you racing through Wickham Park in your brassiere. Why pray tell, were you stripping down in the park?" She shrieks almost losing her composure. She's furious with me and I look back to her puzzled.

"My shirt...got...wet from...a drink," I stumble through a logical response and she rolls her eyes at my lie. I have no idea why I felt the need to strip on my way to Ryan's so I don't have a logical response to give her. Before she can say anything else, I snap, "Who showed you a picture?" She flicks her hand towards the hallway.

"Margot showed it to Austin this morning and god only knows who sent it to her." As if on cue, Austin and Margot come strolling down the hallway into the foyer and they both catch me standing at the top of the stairs.

"Oh Sawyer, glad you found a shirt." Austin snarks and Margot snickers next to him. Of course, Hollis's Next Top Model Margot would catch me looking like a hungover train wreck this morning. I glare at him and move my attention to a smirking Margot, "If you don't mind me asking, who sent you that picture?" Her light blue eyes glance to Austin before saying, "Theo sent it to Molly. I think he got it from Jackson. Don't worry darlin', it's a flattering picture." My momma eyes her but doesn't say anything.

"So, everyone has seen me in my bra. Surprisingly, still not the worst thing that's happened to me," I mumble and spin back around to go find solace in my room. I lean against my door after shutting it loudly and I roll my eyes at my behavior last night. God only knows why I took my shirt off while stumbling through the park to get to Ryan's house.

I flop down onto my springy mattress and I moan when I hear my phone buzzing. I reach for my purse that I tossed at the end of the bed and when I have it in my hand, I see it's Annabeth.

"Hey AB," I answer flatly and I hear her giggle on the other end.

"Hey there harlot. I had no idea my best friend was a lady of the night," she says seductively and I roll my eyes.

"Do you know it was Jackson? Damn him!"

"Yeah, both Gus and I got the text from him. Has it reached your house yet?" She asks and I nod as I lay back down onto my bed.

"Yes, Margot apparently got it from Molly and showed not only Austin, but my momma!"

"Oooooooh, that's the worst-case scenario," she says with a cringe.

"Yep. It's been a fun morning."

"I was on my way to Gus's house for lunch. Wanna join us? I feel like we haven't seen you in forever," she asks. I like how she uses "we" now that they are dating. Like it's not possible for me to see either of them without the other. I think back to my fuming mother downstairs and know it will be better to avoid her for the day.

"I'll head out now. See ya in a bit." I hang up with her and drop my hand back down to my side. I'm still hung over and should nap before work but it would be nice to see Annabeth and Gus for a bit. I slide my hands down my face and know I should change out of Ryan's shirt. I muster up all the energy I have to pull myself out of bed and sluggishly walk to my closet. I throw on a comfortable outfit and stop myself as I reach the knob to my bedroom door. I don't want to see Margot, Austin or momma so I spin around and march over to the window. It's been a while since I used the trellis but I know it's an easier escape.