Threat

Austin and Ryan glance to each other and Austin immediately hits play five more before he says, "What do you think?"

Ryan stares at the phone and then says, "Take the phone and dissect it." He then looks to me and asks, "When did you get this? What came up when they called?"

"I had turned my phone off. I don't know what came up when they called," I answer and he quickly asks, "Why was your phone off?"

I stare at him and reply, "It's a...long story." My "it's" sounded slurry. Suddenly he shakes his head and snaps, "Are you drunk?"

"What? No! Buzzed maybe, but not drunk," I snap back.

"And you were driving?" He gasps.

"I became buzzed while driving. It hit me after I got here."

"We could have met you at Delilah's, Sawyer! Why were you drinking?"

I lean back against my chair and mutter, "Not now."

"What is going on Sawyer?" He snaps again and Austin looks to me too. I slap my hands on the table and say, "I'm being threatened! Can we focus on that right now!"

"No, tell me what happened today," Ryan demands and I close my eyes while slightly shaking my head. I snap them back open and look to him, "Gus happened alright."

Austin's eyes dart to Ryan as he says, "Oh, you told her?"

The frown Ryan gives Austin has me snapping, "Told me what?"

Now Ryan is annoyed and avoiding my eye contact. I ask him again, "What?"

Austin decides to answer me instead.

"I thought he told you about him and Gussy boy gettin' into a spat after Theo's get-together."

I glare at Ryan.

"You certainly left that out while we were talking about him today."

"It was handled. Or so I thought," he says with a questioning stare. I shake my head in frustration and I know we are dwelling on the wrong subject right now.

"Actually, you know what? I don't want to talk about Gus anymore. Let's focus on what's on my phone and what the hell this person thinks I saw at the Wellington House."

Austin and Ryan look to my phone while I look at them. Austin snatches it off the table and immediately starts going through it. I look to Ryan and ask, "Is it the safe? Are they worried I told you about the safe?"

Austin asks, "Is that all you saw?"

Ryan looks to Austin and says, "How would they know she saw the safe? They only saw her downstairs."

I flick my gaze back to Ryan.

"What? How do you know what they saw?"

Both Austin and Ryan freeze. I am realizing I am discovering the things Ryan was hiding from me. I'm asking questions I am not supposed to know the answer to. Austin shrugs, "I feel like you gotta tell her man. If these people are worried about what she saw, she should know what they are worried about."

Ryan puts his hands on the table while staring at me. I look at him and I can see he's biting his tongue. He doesn't want to tell me. What is he afraid to say? Austin is now looking to him too and we are waiting for Ryan to spill the beans.

"Alright, after you mentioned that you were worried about security cameras, I thought I should check into it. Turns out, Poppy had a small motion sensor installed at the front door. If a motion was detected it would switch on a small camera that was installed in the entryway. Austin checked with the security team that installed it and I guess a second camera was supposed to be installed in the office the Monday after Poppy died. After her death, someone from the Historical Society called and canceled the installation of the camera. They said they wanted to keep the downstairs camera on through renovations and then have it removed."