The Dying Lights

Lucy waited out side the hosbital room, Sara was in. Her mother was in there talking. Lucy was worried. She didn't want the same that happened to Natsu and Gajeel, to happen Rogue and Sting.

Lucy shook with fear. The longer her mother stayed the more fear sunk in. Igneel and Metalicana never blamed Natsu and Gajeel for the death of their mothers. Never. 

They knew that the women were weak when the birthing came. But, Sara and Lukana weren't they were healthy. Natsu and Gajeel's moms were sick with a dragon disease that couldn't be cured. She didn't want anyone else dying. 

Finally Layla came out with tears in her eyes. Lucy didn't need to ask. Sara was sick with the same thing as Gajeel and Natsu's moms. "Lucy lets go. Let's go to Lukana." Layla said trying hard to brake down in tears. 

Lucy only nodded. She may be just five, but she knew pain. She knew how the world could be very cruel.

Lucy took her mothers hand, to show she knew what she meant. Layla looked down at her only daughter and smiled. Jude, Zeref, and Laxus couldn't make it. They were helping Weisslogia and Skiadrum with their pain.

Igneel, Natsu, Gajeel, and Metalicana were doing the same. 

They walked down the pure white halls towards Lukana's room. Soon they made it and knocked softly. "Come in..." A soft rough voice called from the other side. Layla opened the door carefully, as though it would fall if it were open too fast.

In the room, lay Lukana on a twin sized bed. The sheets were pail blue. Lucy hated the color. It remained her of the pail faces that dead people get. 

"How are you feeling?" Layla said as she took a chair and brought next to Lukana's bed. "I'm doing fine, thank you." She said calmly. Lucy looked at her with sad eyes.  She didn't want her to die. Lucy loved Lukana.

She was always there for her when she needed someone to talk to when her mother wasn't around. And there was Lukana. She was sweet kinda, and loving. The perfect combination of a mother. But, if she lost both Sara and Lukana she'd be devastated. 

Lucy could feel tears threatening to come. But, she won't let them fall. She would be strong for Sara and Lukana. Just like they always told her to be. 

Five years old may be young, but she knew more than ever. "Lucy.... please come here..." Lukana said between breathes. Lucy nodded and came up to her. "I want you to have these...." Lukana said as she handed Lucy a small black box.

Lucy took, it and opened it carefully. In side were a pair of Crystal earrings. "Lukana, I can't have these......These are yours." Lucy trying to hand them back to Lukana. She shook her head. "No Lucy..... I want you to have them... When my son is three give one to him, and keep the other. That way you'll always stay friends." Lukana said a single tear fell down her cheeks.

Lucy closed the box, and held them close to her heart. She nodded her head. She would keep her promise forever. "Thank you Lucy...Thank you....." Lukana said as she closed her eyes.

"Lukana? Lukana?" Layla said, worry all over her voice. Lukana didn't move. 

"LUKANA!!!"

A few day's later they held a funeral for Lukana and Sara. They had died the same day. Everyone was crying. Skiadrum and Weisslogia were crying holding their little boys in their arms. The last thing their wifes gave them.

The rain poured down on them. They had umbrellas, but their faces were wet with tears. 

Lucy stood in front of the two graves. Each one had angel on it. One was a gold angel holding a star. That was for Lukana, the star in the dark. And the other was pure white, with a holding a rose. Sara was always getting her hands dirty in the dirt. 

She was one with the earth. 

"Lukana and Sara were both amazing people. They gave light to everyone, everywhere. They were the light when it was dark. They will both be remembered forever. Now they watch over us, their husbands, and their children." Lucy said, as she placed a bouquet of flowers on each grave.

"We love you both." Lucy said as she went back over to her brothers. They were crying quietly. Lucy held onto Zeref as she cried her little heart out. 

Good Bye......