Chapter 4

I’ve always had the amazing ability to find the bad qualities people have hidden deep down. I find the negative when everyone is busy looking at the positive. Everyone has a motive, and I’m not going to be fooled by it.

Paul was in the youth meeting at church listening to Alvin address the rest of the group about being good Samaritans. He finished off his speech with tales of good deeds in Africa, and everyone followed him out of the room when he was done. Paul stayed behind he noticed that another remained with him, and that was Candy. She stood smirking at him, and walked slowly over trying to be sexy as she wrapped a hand around his arm and whispered in to his ear.

“Any plans tonight Paul?” 

“No,”

“Oh, not going to your underground hideout?”

She’s the one following me!

“You’ve been following me?” Paul tried to stay calm.

She couldn’t have seen anything…surely.

“Don’t be mad, I’m just curious about you because you are so mysterious,” her hand gripped his arm tighter, and she planted a kiss on him.

“Are you serious? What did you see? Tell me now,” he demanded, grabbing her arm as tight as he could and pushing her up against the wall.

“You’re twisted,” fear was evident for the first time in her eyes.

“Yeah. Actually I probably am a little twisted,” he said, releasing her. 

Don’t scare her you fucking idiot! What if she calls the cops?

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to frighten you. It’s just that…I really like you,” he lied through his teeth.

“Aw really?”

“Of course, I’m not even going to say the things you make me feel like doing,”

Candy went bright red, and ran her fingers through his, “So can I see what is in your hideout one day?”

“Definitely,” Paul hugged her, and there it was. Eyes.

He just noticed the camera in the dark corner of the ceiling in the dimly lit youth room. Alvin would see all of this, and if Candy disappeared he would have to suspect Paul of course.

“Sometimes I get this crazy idea you have no emotions you know,” Veena held Pauls hand.

It’s not that I don’t show my feelings they just don’t fucking exist!

Dancing. My worst nightmare, I really don’t understand it. It reminds me of ants doing some sort of mating call. And you have to move around awkwardly moving body parts at random in a certain way just to impress someone.

Paul moved awkwardly around Veena, as she swayed back and forth.

“I try,” he said.

 Then it all about sex, which is yet another issue that plagues me. I can’t see what all the fuss is about when it comes to doing the deed…two people bumping, and grinding? Why? It leaves you all exposed on a physical level, and mentally. All the moaning, and groaning is just over the top.

Paul wasn’t a stranger to nightclubs he had found these were the perfect hunting grounds to study people. He observed how people got into fights, how they fight, the flood of emotions that pour out of a drunken female, and sadly some weak males. The only thing that really bothered him were the flashing lights, heavy music, and the occasional macho bump by some guy parading around in a shirt obviously too tight.