Chapter 18

“When?” Jackson was excited at the idea of being able to use his van finally.

“Tomorrow,” Paul said, whilst placing a torch into his camping bag.

Jackson fist pumped the air he loved parties and adventure now they were going on a road trip. 

“Who is coming? We could probably take six people.”

“You, me, Veena, and Carina if she is keen,” Paul was excited just not for the same reasons his older brother was.

 Jackson looked at Paul’s bag suspiciously, “You are creepily neat some times.” 

“Thanks,” Paul placed the packed bag in his cupboard.

 Carina poked her head into the room, “I don’t know if I can come…I’m not feeling too well.”

“Wha-“

“What?” Jackson cut Paul off shocked that their sister was not as excited, as they were.

Carina sighed, “I just know I will be a drag if I’m not feeling well.”

“Veena is coming, it’s her first time camping and she’ll need you,” Paul attempted to guilt his sister. 

Carina banged her own head against the doorframe, “I…told…you…already.”

“Fine,” Paul’s response was cold and empty.

Stay at home. 

Paul had his sharpened knife stowed away in the tackle box he was bringing; he admired it as soon as Jackson and Carina exited the room arguing.

 Who are you? Blonde crowd photographer, he ran his finger along the flat side of the knife and placed it back into the well-organized tackled box under the hooks and sinkers compartments.

 “I got my stuff,” Veena entered Paul’s bedroom and dropped her heavy bag of camping gear at the foot of his bed.

 “Great,” Paul kissed her on the forehead.

 He played with her blue streak of hair that had been freshly dyed; I guess we all have our trademarks.

 “How long are we going for?” Veena looked into his eyes.            

 “Uh, I don’t know,” Paul stepped into the hallway, “Jackson!”

 “What?”

 “How long are we going for?”

 “Seven days?” Jackson called back.

 "Sounds good to me.”

 According to Lara’s email I start work in nine days.

Veena hugged Paul tightly, “Is it scary?”

His eyes filled with confusion, is she on to me? “Is what scary?” he asked cautiously.

“Camping,” she laughed.

“Oh, camping, of course not, it’s fun. Especially when Carina comes because she always cooks for us,” Paul tried to remember there last camping trip, “I think it’s nearly been two years since our last camping expedition.”

 Veena fell onto the bed laughing, “What?” Paul asked frowning at her weird behaviour.

 “Expedition,” she mocked. 

The four of them loaded their bags into Jackson’s van, with the help of the other two Paul was able to convince Carina to join them on their trip. The van much to Paul’s annoyance was filthy inside; Jackson had accumulated countless fast food rubbish everywhere, along with empty water bottles, and food wrappers.