Chapter 7

Paul eyed the clothes laid out on his bed carefully; he knew this was a crucial decision. The outfit for tonight had to blend in with the others, and be normal.

Tonight was it the big occasion Paul had been dreading, but thanks to Jackson and Carina it was happening. Along with Veena they were all going to a party, as guests of Jackson.

This has to be worse then life in prison, surely.

Reluctantly Paul slipped into the pair of Jeans, running shoes, and a nice shirt. Carina came in, and immediately burst out laughing, “You’ve never been out before have you?” she couldn’t stop laughing.

“What?” he looked at his reflection in the mirror hopelessly.

“Sneakers and Jeans? Okay Jerry Seinfeld let’s get you dressed.”

He kicked off his shoves in a huff, and sat on the edge of the bed while Carina retrieved a pair of Adidas shoes from Jackson’s room. When she was finished he looked like a young hip-hop singer. It was no secret that he felt uncomfortable but she didn’t care.

“Now you look fresh,” Carina smiled, untucking his shirt that he had already tucked in.

 Veena appeared from Carina’s room, she obviously had a less difficult time dressing appropriately. Paul looked at her admiring her beauty; despite hardly being capable of emotion he knew what was nice. She wore the black dress perfectly; it went well with her black fingernails, and her blue streak of hair that gracefully ran down her forehead.

“I’ve never you seen dress like that before,” Veena smiled.

“You don’t like it?”

“It’s fine.”

Jackson popped his head around the door, “Alright players, let’s go,” Jackson hurried them out of the room.

While I’m going to parties, Bill Darsen is spending minute after minute looking for evidence.

Paul wondered if Bill was taking the weekend off, surely not with three confirmed victims. Jackson made sure the taxi stopped at the bottle-o, it seemed to be a tradition to take your own alcohol to parties. Paul was nervous he didn’t know what to expect, he wished the car trip would last forever just to get out of attending.

“So which house is it?” Carina asked, just as the taxi driver turned down a street full of flash waterfront mansions. 

“Well I’m guessing that one,” Jackson pointed to the end, where numbers of drunken hooligans were already at the front acting fools. 

Fucking perfect.

 The first step outside the comfortable taxi, invited all kinds of disorderly fiends, “Get you’re drink on!” someone shouted, to which Jackson happily whistled.

Don’t worry it’s already eight o’clock how long can parties go for? Three or four hour’s maximum.

 The large waterfront home was immaculate, and obviously someone’s parents were away. Music was pumping from the direction of the backyard, where stragglers approached from to urinate on the front yard.

 Once out the back Jackson quickly split, leaving Paul, Veena and Carina to fend for themselves.  The backyard led down to a private jetty, which currently had no boat anchored. All around people were dancing, and downing drinks at a rapid pace. Carina handed Paul, and Veena a drink each, this time there would be no tipping it out. Being under the surveillance of so many watchful eyes would make not getting drunk too difficult. Paul took a mouthful of beer, and decided maybe this was a good way to let time pass.