Chapter 19

hajj98 is an awesome sci-fi writer. 

Paul awoke the next morning to find a clear sky, this upset him a little because he loved the rain so much, but it was also good timing. He needed his travel companions to leave him alone for a few hours. The plan was to go bushwalking for the day.

He stalked along the outside of the van while the others got ready and retrieved his knife.

Slice.

“Shit!” 

Veena and Carina came running around to see what Paul was shouting about, just as he had anticipated.

“Oh my god, Paul are you okay?” Carina put a hand over her mouth; she looked at the blood trickling down from his left arm.

 Veena quickly rushed over and hugged him, “We need to get you to the city.”

 Paul laughed, “Girls it’s just a small cut on my weak arm…you are not missing out on your walk Veena I’ll drive myself.”

 He observed the cut he had made with his knife on his left arm, he didn’t mean to cut it as deep and it was worse than what he told the girls.

 Carina called out to Jackson to bring a towel. Jackson arrived and wrapped Paul’s arm. Paul was thankful his older brother was being normal about it.

 “But you are good with a knife, I saw you doing the fish yesterday. How did this happen?” Veena was teary.

 Carina looked at Veena then Paul, “Yeah how did it happen?”

 “I slipped. I was impatient trying to untie that bit of tarp and slashed at it with my knife whilst holding the rope with my arm.”

 “You sure you don’t want us to take you Paul?” Jackson offered.

 “No it’s okay, it is not life threatening and I kind of want to be alone with it,” lowered his voice so only his brother could here, “the girls are freaking out too much about it, it’s doing my head in. Take them walking, please?”

 Jackson just nodded and called for Veena and Carina to get their backpacks.

 Paul watched as they disappeared into the bush and opened his bag to find his first aid kit. This was the second time he had to use it since purchasing the kit. He neatly cleaned his wound and wrapped it tight. Altior wasn’t too far away, and as soon as he got there he would call Alvin. 

He drove onto the main road that went all the way to the biggest city in the country. It made Contro look tiny. 

 Disguises? Mailman? No that is ridiculous. Fash’s cousin…yes! Follow blonde home from the service then she will get her own service.

 He felt calm as he gripped the steering wheel and applied a bit more pressure to the accelerator. 

 Paul admired the farms he passed on the way, but was also excited when he drove under the sign that read ‘Welcome to Altior City’. He plugged his phone in to the car and dialed Alvin’s secret prepaid number.

 “It’s me…”

 “Paul, are you in the city?” Alvin’s voice sounded through the speakerphone.

“Yes I just arrived.”

“Go to the church on Ant Street, but Paul make sure you don’t attend the service…you wait outside, Bill Darsen will grow suspicious.”

Obviously…but I appreciate your concern.

“You’re right,” Paul rolled his eyes.