2

Chapter 2 

A/N: Yes, I'm using a different name for August, other than his actual name. This was my decision. 

I hope you like the chapter. 

Enjoy! 

_______________________

2 Weeks Later

Samuel 

I sighed heavily while sitting in class, and rubbed a hand down my face. I looked up at the clock on the wall, seein' we had about 10 minutes left in class.  While packin' my things up, I looked up to the front of the class to see the professor tellin' everyone we could leave early. I stood up, placin' my bag on my arm, and I walked towards the door. 

"Mr. Davis!" I turned once he called my name, and headed over to his desk. He stood up so we could be eye to eye. 

"Yes?" 

"Hey, I wanted to catch you before you left and ask you something." 

"A'ight." 

"Are you doing okay?" He asked. 

I scrunched my face at his question. "I know it's kind of sudden, but I've noticed that you've been falling asleep in class, and you're not putting as much effort into your work like you did last semester." 

"I mean, we only been in class two weeks." I chuckled, tryin' not to sound rude. 

"I get that. And I also understand that you have basketball as well, but I don't want that to get in the way of your work." 

"I unda'stand." I nodded. 

"Is the work getting a little too tough for you?" 

I sighed. "Just a lil'." I admitted. Playin' for the basketball team at USC takes up most of my time, which means when I go home, all I wanna do is sleep. Plus I have a job, which is a little lenient with my schedule. This semester started off rough, with all the work he's been giving us. Maybe a little extra help would work. 

"Well," He started, "I don't know if you know this student in our class, but she offers tutoring for this course. Her name's . Here is her schedule." He stated, and handed over a piece of paper. "She's in the library on those days, starting today for this week. If you're free, why not go and see her? You may like it, and she break it down in a way for you to understand." 

"Cool." I mumbled.

"Sam, I just want you to succeed."

"Thanks." I nodded, then I pressed the center button of my phone in my hand, looking at the time. "Aye, I hate ta' say this, but I gotta'--" 

"Hey, professor." Someone said as the opened the door. "Thanks so much for giving me that day off for class. I promise it won't happen again." 

I looked across the room, seein' Adriana. She didn't see it was me until afta' she spoke, then she smirked befa' lookin' away. 

"I'll see ya' lata', professor." I said, givin' Adriana one last look befa' leaving.