6

Chapter 6

A/N: I decided not to drag anyone on this good day, but I will say this and I will not address it any longer - if you do not like my name choice for MY characters, then go find a book that will suit your satisfaction. Or how about this - WRITE YOUR OWN!!!! That way you can do whatever the hell you want, and name your characters whatever the hell you come up with. 

That is all. Enjoy :) 

_____________________________

Adriana

Sam sped down the interstate, going from one lane to another, getting to his place as quick as he could. He wasn't in a rush to get anywhere, but from the way his adrenaline was pumping, he probably couldn't help but to speed.

He never took his eyes off the road, his breathing heavy and jaws clenched, gripping the steering wheel tightly.

This was the first time I'd seen him so upset, and it surprised me a little. He seemed to be out of control when angry, and I hope to never get him to that point.

It was not like I was scared to be around him, I understood why he was upset. I was just startled.

We finally got off on his exit, and before we knew it, we were pulling into his apartment complex, and parking in front of his building. I wasted no time getting out of the car, following him and Davonte inside and closing the door behind me.

"Aye Sam." Davonte called.

"Don't say nothin' to me, man." He mumbled while heading down the hallway, and slammed the door behind him. Davonte sighed, taking a seat on the other couch, across from me. We sat in silence, until he touched his face, and looked down to see blood. 

"Come in the bathroom, I'll help you clean up." I told him. He followed me into the bathroom, and sat down on the toilet while I dug around to find a first aid kit. Once I found it, I sat it on the counter and opened it, finding some bandages and tape to wrap his hand up with, since his knuckles were bleeding. 

After wrapping his hand, and cleaning his face, he sat there while I cleaned everything up. 

"Thanks, Adri." 

"It's no problem." I said, not making eye contact. 

"I just wanna apologize, fa' ruinin' your birthday. That wasn't my intention." He pleaded. 

"It's cool." 

"No it's not." 

"Davonte', it is." I chuckled. "I understand, you get into situations occasionally. But your attitude really needs some fixing. You just have some growing up to do, that's all." 

"I know." He shook his head. 

"You have so much ahead of you. You're in school for goodness sake. Think about that. One of the best to be exact. One wrong doing, and you're out. Just think before you act next time, that's all. Ask yourself, is this even worth it?  Nine times out of ten, if it's some petty bull, it's not worth your time nor your energy." 

"Right." He laughed. "I'm glad you're around. Sam ol' mean ass always wanna fuss me out and storm off." 

"That's because he's known you longer than I have. He knows how you are, and it's probably the only way you listen to him."