8

Chapter 8

A/N: This chapter will be skipping ahead to two months. So we will now be in early November.

The Reality Of Us has been temporarily unpublished because I'm redirecting the plot of the story. It will be back up soon.

Thanks to everyone who helped me with the last author's note. Everything shared is greatly appreciated. I love you guys! I hope you enjoy!! Excuse any mistakes. I didn't have time to proofread. 

_______________________________________

2 Months Later

Adriana

I sighed once more while watching the players play across the court. I had just gotten off work, and being the good girlfriend I am, I decided to come and watch Sam practice like he asked. As much as I didn't want to think I'd be doing this, Aaliyah jinxed me.

"I got us some snacks." She grinned while walking back over to where we were seated. She sat down, and I immediately grabbed the chip bag, opening it and digging in.

"Damn." She mumbled. "You acting like you ain't never seen food."

"It feels like it." I pouted.

"Don't talk with food in your mouth."

"Okay."

I continued eating my chips while watching them play, and opened the pink lemonade she got me from the vending machine. While sitting there, we carried on a conversation. I noticed how quiet she was while we sat there. I looked over to Aaliyah, who was just staring out to the court.

"Is something bothering you?"

"No." She shook her head.

"Aaliyah."

She tucked her lip in, not giving me eye contact. It was quiet while the guys went into the locker room for a quick break.

"Me and Blake got into an argument last night."

"For what?" I scrunched my face up.

"Something so stupid. But it's not even the fact that we argued. It's just...lately, we've been doing it a lot, and it's just so aggravating. There is not a day that goes by that we don't argue now. Our anniversary is coming up soon, and if we're like this, then I don't know." She explained.

"Oh, don't stress it, Liyah. I'm pretty sure it's just a rough patch. Everyone in relationships gets one every once in a while." I explained. "Have you tried talking to him?"

"No." She shook her head. "I fear that if I bring it up, we'll just have one."

"It's that bad?"

"That bad."

I sighed, shaking my head.

"And if he's not walking away before we fix it, he just tries to have sex. Now, I'm not complaining about that, we're good in that department. Better yet, amazing."

"Aaliyah, uh, I don't--" I covered my ears.

"Oh, sorry." She chuckled. "But I know it's not good to jump into that as a way to fix a problem."

"Yea, because it doesn't fix it. It just silences the problem for a bit."

"Right." She agreed. "Maybe I'll just talk to him tonight."