15

Chapter 15

A/N: I've said this countless times (in other books), but it seems as if some have forgotten, so I'll say it again - please, please watch what you say in the comment section of my books. Some of you may think I'm a little sensitive, but when it comes to calling my characters out of their names, I find that offensive. 

I won't say what happened last chapter. Anyone else say something that I find offensive and I'll just mute you. No questions. 

Thanks! 

______________________________________________________

Adriana

"He what?"

"Do I really have to repeat myself?" I sniffed into the phone.

Aaliyah got quiet on the other end of the phone. "I'm sorry, Adri. This is just way too sudden....and way to extreme. Like was it really that deep?"

"I asked myself the same thing over a million times." I said as I laid in bed.

"Do you think it was something else?" She asked. "I mean it has to be. The one time you do something so minor, he just blows it out of proportion and breaks up with you."

"I don't know. He's probably going through something."

"Mmm, I doubt it. I mean, he broke up with you for not telling him something. I don't think he would have if he was hiding something too, or he would be really contradicting himself." She pointed out.

"True. He probably has eyes for someone else. Or maybe I just became too much for him. I knew this would happen, though. I don't blame him. I've never been enough for anyone. I don't know why I thought it would've been different this time."

"Hey." She intervened. "Stop that shit, Adri. You are enough. Stop lowering your value yourself because some little boy couldn't see your worth. Just because one doesn't see it doesn't mean it isn't there. You are going to stop seeing your worth through a man. See it in yourself, baby."

I nodded, covering my mouth as I silently broke down.

Some may say that I was crying over nothing, but when guys continually enter in my life and then suddenly leave, this shit hurts.

I honestly did think Sam would've been different. That he was the one who could've showed me that all guys weren't the same. Today, he proved me right by breaking his promise.

"Thank you." I told her, sitting up to wipe my face.

"Just give him some time. Maybe he'll come around. Until then, you don't sweat it. Enjoy Christmas tomorrow."

"I will."

"Okay. Well I'm gonna go, we have to be up early tomorrow. But if you need me, just call me, alright?"

"Yes. Thanks so much, Aaliyah."

"No problem, babe. I love you."

"I love you more." I smiled, then hung up the phone.