5

Chapter 5 

A/N: In this chapter, you'll meet Adriana's big brother, Shawn. In the collage, Adriana's club outfit is in the top left, Adriana and her mother Evelyn are in the top right (yes, that is her real mother & yes, Adriana is over 20 years old in real life). August in his club outfit is in the bottom left, and Shawn is in the bottom right. 

Enjoy! 

_______________________

Samuel 

Imagine me, being free, trusting you, totally. 

Finally I can

Imagine me

I admit it was hard to see

You being in love with someone like me

But finally I can

Imagine me 

I rocked side to side as we stood, listening to the choir sing the last song of the morning. As planned, I made it to the 11 am service to meet Adriana's mother and brother. I ca' admit that I haven't been to church in a long time, and as late as we got in last night, I didn't think I'a make it, but I'm glad I did. Even though I was practically forced

Once the service ended, everyone began to clear out. 

"Service was good, wasn't it?" Adriana's mother asked. 

"Yes ma'am." I nodded. "I enjoyed it." 

"Nice meetin' you, Sam." Adri's brother Shawn dapped me as we exited the church. "Y'all comin' over Mama's?" He asked. 

"Of course, she's cooking for me." She smiled. "We're gonna follow you." Adriana told him. 

"Cool, cool." Once they walked off, we headed over to her car.  

"Aye, don't take this the wrong way, your mother is beautiful." I told her. 

She chuckled. "She is." She nodded. "That woman does not age, and she knows it. People think we're sisters sometimes." 

"I bet. You betta' be lucky I ain't see her first. I would'a been ya' step daddy." I joked, she reached over and slapped my arm with her purse. "I'm just kiddin'." 

"I know you are." She laughed as we got in the car. 

I planned to spend the whole day wit' Adriana, like she did fa' me yesterday for my birthday. It was special. We went out fa' a little befa' goin' to dinner, and we spent the night togetha', sleepin' in the bed togetha' fa' the first time. And we actually slept.