17

Chapter 17

A/N: I'm really happy that y'all enjoyed the last chapter. I want to point out, that I will be skipping time in here. About two months to be exact. More will be explained in this chapter about what has happened since the characters left off, so PLEASE pay attention! Thanks!

Collage in the mm. (Top Row: Aaliyah, Michael, & India. Bottom Row: Adriana, Sam & Blake). I hope y'all enjoy ❤️

____________________________

2 Months Later

Adriana

"Adri, where are you?"

"Oh my, Mike, I'm on my way."

"Okay, okay. Be safe." He said before hanging up the phone. I laughed, placing my phone in my cup holder before backing out of the parking space of my apartment, then I pulled off and headed towards the restaurant where we were having lunch.

It's been two months since I've met Mike. I can admit, in the beginning, we took a long time getting to know each other. But, to tell the truth, there was no emotional connection.

Our friendship is amazing, but it's clear that we wouldn't have worked out as a couple. So we talked, and that's what we want to keep it as - a great friendship. He's a wonderful listener, and after lots of talking, he insists that I remain single until me and Sam can work it out.

Plus, after some time of hanging out, I introduced him to India. It's clear they have more chemistry than we could've ever had.

It was my first week back in L.A., actually. After some thinking, I decided to do something for myself and take up the internship in New York. It was fun; I learned lots of things, but I was excited when my month was up. I missed my home, and especially my friends.

Michael said he missed me when I left, even though we texted and FaceTime the majority of the time I was gone. So, I was going to meet with him for lunch.

I walked into the restaurant when I got there, and I spotted him sitting at the table.

"Friend." I smiled, laughing as he stood up and embraced me in a hug. Once we pulled away, we sat down.

"Damn, you're glowin'." He smiled. "You got some in New York?"

"Hell no." I laughed. "I wish."

"Ahh, it's a'ight. Not everybody can have it all."

"Aye, just because you have been, and I haven't, doesn't mean anything. I can get some if I want it."

"Mhm. That's what they all say."

"Did I mention that I don't like you?"

"Nah, but you did say you love me." He laughed.

While sitting there, a waiter came and took our orders for drinks and food, then went off to make them and bought them back.

"So, what's the plans for tonight?"

"Aaliyah wants all of us to get together at her place tonight."