14

Chapter 14

Samuel

"What time, Adri?"

"Five, Sam. Five."

"Alright. Not 15 minutes after, not 10 minutes after. But five."

"You say it like I don't know that."

"I'm just sayin'. I know how you are. You'a be late fa' the smallest things, like some make-up."

"Stop it." She laughed. "You know it's not good to lie."

"Who lyin'?" I laughed. "Just be there, a'ight?"

"Okay, okay." She pouted, rolling ova' on me as we laid in bed. "I will. Stop stressing." She pecked my lips. Today was the day my teammates were throwin' a small party, celebratin' me coming back afta' my injury. It was somethin' small, but I still wanted my girl there wit' me.

"Okay." I grinned, pecking her lips once more.

"Babe, I was just thinking abou something - we haven't talked about what we want to do for Christmas." She pointed out. 

"You right." I rubbed my chin. Christmas was actually next week, and since we were talking about it last minute, I figured we would just stay here this year. It would be the first Christmas without my family, though. 

"I know it's all last minute and all, but did you want to see if we could fly your family out here?" She asked. 

"That would be dope, but I'on know. My mom's don't like flyin'. The only reason she flew last time was because of my injury." 

"I know." She laughed. "But I don't want you to feel some type of way, because we spent Thanksgiving and now Christmas with my family, and you didn't get to see yours." 

"I know, and I appreciate that." I grinned. "I'a give 'em a call tonight." 

"Okay." 

"And, I was also thinking..." She started. 

"Hea' you go." 

"What?" She chuckled. "Don't do me." 

"A'ight, a'ight. Gon' head."