Shattered and Broken:Chapter 3: Homecoming

Three days later.

Kendall

Chris was discharged at 1:02 pm,since I didn't drive here we took a cab.

A/N: I don't know if Los Angeles actually has cabs or whatever.

We were dropped off at my house around the park. Chris stood in the hall while I packed up some of my clothes. He told me that he didn't have anyone and I remembered when I was the same way. I couldn't leave him there alone. Once my backpacks were packed I walked Chris to my car in the small driveway. I drove in the direction of the condo my foster parents left me. It's closer to my school but they sent me there when after I became emancipated at age 15. The house we left was where I spent the last few years of my childhood. I felt felt safer knowing I was around people I knew.
A/N: Kendall's car is a 1971 gran torino.

I glanced to my right at Chris and he was staring out the window. He looked so helpless and lost, I couldn't help but sigh. After a 2 hour drive I pulled into the parking lot of my condominium. Chris was drooling on the window before I woke him up. The ride up the elevator was silent soon after I opened the front door and lead him into it.  We walked in and I showed Chris around and to the guest room that he will be sleeping in. He turned his face up and I chuckled softly at his reaction. "Why?" He questioned while taking in the guest room. The guestroom like my room was decorated with all things batman. Batman posters,clock, stickers,mirror,pillows and blankets. The bed is twin sized and has a batman comforter. Chris didn't bring anything other than his hospital bag so he went into the room. I dragged my back pack to my room.

I went to my bathroom and did my hygiene routine. When I was clean and feeling human again I put on my pink pjs and walked to the kitchen.

A/N: Kendall in her pjs are on the right.

I stood in the doorway and watched as a shirtless Christopher raided my refrigerator.
Someone made themself at home.

Chris

I went in the kitchen to find something to eat since they had a nigga starving at the hospital. I turned around to see Kendall in a pink polka dot thing.
Damn she looked good.
I shook my head to clear my thoughts when she walked passed me.
She smelled good too.
Kendall poured some Minute Maid fruit punch into a batman mug and turned to look at me. For the first time ever she smiled at me. "Are you hungry Christopher?" I asked.

Christopher? Nobody calls me that not even my momma anymore. I'm starting to miss her now.

"Yeah!" I nodded quickly and she laughed softly.

Something about her. I just don't know what it is.

Yet.
Kendall's phone continue to vibrate on the counter beside me so I looked at it looked at it. The name 'Forest' and his picture flashed on the screen. That's my nigga I met through Lacey. How does she know him?  Kendall looked at the phone and stared at the screen with a fear in her eyes.

When I saw her rapidly blinking away tears I started wondering about what she saw. "You okay?" She nodded but her face spoke louder than her actions. A tear fell from her eyes and I pulled her into my arms. That's when she broke down and cried for about 13 minutes. Kendall kissed my cheek and half smiled before going to her room with her head down. I was tired but in the little time that I've known her she has sacrificed a lot for me. All the  years that I've known Lacey she only looked out for herself. Unless she needed something from me which seemed to be all the time. When Lacey use to cry I always felt kind of guilty for not checking on her but know I just don't give a fuck.  Fuck her and Julian  he can have her hoe ass

Softly I knocked on her door and let myself in. Wow. Batman was everywhere even the ceiling,this is worst than the guest room. Aside from the batman things she had a lot of T.L.C posters,toys,books and pictures on the wall. She laid on the bed next to a huge life sized Batman bear. I chuckled and sat next to her on her king sized mattress. "Yeah?" She glanced at me probably questioning why I was in here. I wrapped my arms around her torso and she got the hint. Soon after we both fell asleep and it was probably the best night of sleep that I've had in a long time.

Kendall

I woke up with Chris’s tattooed arms around me and me not even knowing what happened. I had to pee but I didn't want to disturb him so I gently moved his arms and went to the bathroom. I passed the mirror on my way back to my bed and u realized that I was in my bra and underwear. My eyesbrows furrowed and I looked around until I saw my gown thingy on the floor and it smelled like vomit.
Ugh.
It's 5:09 am and I was still sleepy so I crawled back into the bed with Christopher and drifted off to sleep.