Shattered and Broken:Chapter 6: Back Together Again

The Next Morning

Joyce

My sister Christine and I stood outside of the door that we assume belonged to 'Kendall Lucas'. I was hesitant about knocking because I was afraid of what might be behind the door. Christine impatience got the best of her and her fist nearly beat the door down. Despite how glad I was that she did it,its 8:12 am and too early for all the noise. A girl with batman pajamas opened the door with an eyebrow raised. Behind her was a girl in superman pajamas with a face that almost mirrored the girl in front's confusion.

"Hi....?"

I cleared my throat and sighed "I was told that I could find my son Christopher here."

The girl dressed in batman pjs nodded and let us in. I walked in slowly and looked around. The house was clean and well decorated but the living room was a mess. Batgirl left us and I assumed that she was going to find Chris. I thought back to the last time that I saw him,he was so pale and skinny. That was months ago I probably won't even recognize him. Those drugs have done so much damage in a short time. Through the corner of my eye I could see Christine giving the girl with the curly hair the evil eye while tapping her foot.

Christopher and the girl stepped into the kitchen where we where and I immediately ran and hugged Chris. After months apart I finally see my son again.

I could have held him forever but reluctantly I let him go. Christine nearly pushed me to hug him. As they pulled apart she popped him in his mouth.

Chris yelled in pain and he narrowed his eyes at her."Why didn’t you call me to take you home or your cousin?" She asked and I stood next to her questioning that too.

"I always depend on you to help me but Kendall is helping me be on my own." The girl I assume is Kendall offered a small smile that I couldn't return just yet.

"Where did you two meet?"

"She found me in an alley Laecey left me in and got me to the hospital" I felt better knowing that she was nice enough to help my son.

But why.

Christopher looked happy but he has become known for his bad judgement and I don't know if being here is good for him.

"Do you want to come home?"I said fighting against the lump in my throat. When he sighed I  knew not to expect the answer that I was waiting for. “Mama I can’t right now but when I’m better I will. I just need to get myself better by myself. Hearing you cry and pray for me every night just makes me feel worst and I just want you to have your old son back."

I nodded and looked at Kendall “Can you take care of him until then?" She nodded as Christine and I were walking back towards the door when we were called back by Kendall.

"You don’t have to leave you could hang here. Chris gets bored with us" We looked at each other then at Kendall. A day with my son I couldn’t be happier. I smiled and we went back to the kitchen.

Chris

I was so happy to see my mom this morning. I was happy to see my aunt too but after she hit my her ass could have went home.

Kendall,Gabrielle,and I were still in our pjs while were ordered chinese food for lunch. We talked about random stuff as we ate. I admit I missed the times when I could hangout with people without anything in my system. But like always the more I stay away the more I’m going to need them.

Throughout the whole afternoon My Mom and Kendall talked a lot. The tension faded and I think she started to like Kendall. I liked her too.

Wait.

I don't mean like her like her.

I meant.....

Never mind.

Kendall

Every time I looked up Chris was glancing at me with a smile on his face. I fought the smile that was threatening to break out on my face. Something about him just makes me smile.

Wow. Did I just say that?

Whatever.

Anyway after a whole day with Joyce and Christine they left around 10:00pm.

We cleaned up and I gave Christopher another shirt and a pair or boxers. My closet was cluttered so I quickly found clothes for school tomorrow. I dropped my shoes and furrowed my eyebrows. What am I going to do with him?

I was eating a poptart when I walked back into my room and saw Christopher laying in my bed:. I raised both my eyebrows and cleared my throat loudly. He had the nerve to look up at me like I was disturbing him.

Isn't that some shit.

"Why are you In my bed?" He shrugged. "It's bigger than the one in the guest room.

"Well most of my guest are under 6 feet." I replied dryly. "I have to go to sleep."

"Welllll how about you sleep on that side and I sleep on this side." Christoper smiled.

I narrowed my eyes slightly. "I don't sleep with strangers."

"I slept with you the other day." Christopher smirked and licked his lips.

"That was different." I stared at him and waited for him to get up. He chose to get comfortable and lay his head on the pile of pillows next to him. "How was it different?" He raised an eyebrow and I rolled my eyes.

"It just wa-"

“Kenny !JUST SLEEP WITH HIS ASS ALREADY I’M TIRED OF HEARING YOU TWO MOTHERFUCKERS GO BACK AND FORTH.I HAVE TO GET UP IN THE MORNING "Gabby yelled from the living room.

I sighed and slowly slid under the blanket next to Chris who was laughing at Gabrielle. "good night!" She yelled and I went to sleep.

______

It was short but the next chapter is longer. Next Update is Sunday or Monday :)

Vote, Comment, and Fan