Shattered and Broken:Chapter 4:Piece by Piece

The next day.

Nicole

I arrived to the photo shoot at 30 minutes late. I over slept at..... I actually don't even who they are but they had a party and I was there. The shoot my manager set up for me was for 11:00 am. But I'm late so I have to do my hair,make up and dress myself in 8 minutes.

Fuck my life.

I was trying to cover the bags under my eyes and the scars from this week with make up but they were still noticeable. The late night partying,random sex,and hangovers always leave evidence.

Around 1:56 pm I finished and called Kendall. The call went straight to voicemail so I thought she was too sick to answer. When I got the okay to leave and went to the nearest cafe for coffee since I was exhausted. I bought a bowl of soup and walked passed a rack of magazines but I stopped.

Dang Chris Brown was in the hospital but the girl next to him reminds me so much of Kendall. Wow.

I drove to her house but she didn't answer. I called her phone but she didn't answer. After knocking again I returned to my car and sent a Gabrielle a text.

To Gabbz : do you know where kendall is?

From Gabbz: I think her condo why?

To Gabbz: iwas trying to check on her i haven’t heard from her in some days

From Gabbz: Ohhh so  now you chose to give a fuck huh?

I looked at the message like ‘what the fuck is she talking about?’

To Gabbz:wtf are you talking about now. i didn’t do anything.

From Gabbz: It doesn’t even matter anymore -__-

What doesn’t matter anymore?What is going on?Why is everyone mad at me?

I took off to Kendall’s condo fully prepared for the two hour drive. I have a lot of questions to ask too because I'm always the one that gets blamed for everything. Kendall's the lazy,smart,quiet one. Gabrielle is the happy,beautiful,sweet one and I'm always the troubled,childish,irresponsible one. I hate it because that's my reputation now.

And its bullshit.

Kendall

I woke up in an empty bed I rolled over to see my phone buzzing. 13 text messages twelve from Nicole and one from Gabby. I went to Gabrielle's and frowned.

From Gabby:I think Nicole is on her way there she txt me askin questions and shit -_-

To Gabby:’__’ she need to stay on her side of town....

I looked at the time it said 3:33pm I couldn't believe that I slept that long. As I walked to the kitchen I heard whimpering coming from the other side of the bathroom door. I knocked but Christopher didn't answer. Slowly I opened the door to find Chris in a fetal position on the floor. Perspiration fell from his face as he shook uncontrollably. He clutched his knees ever so tightly as he slowly rocked back and forth. I saw it in his eyes.

He's sober.

I remembered that he hasn't had any drugs in his system in a while. That was a good thing but kind of bad at the sane time. The longer he goes without the worst he will become. I grabbed a towel towel off if the rack and dried his face before I tried to pull him off the ground.

Once I got him in the shower and calm I left him a pair of boxer shorts in the bathroom.I are the whole bowl of chocolate and vanilla pudding bowl of pudding. When I started scraping the bowl I heard footsteps. My jaw dropped and so did my bowl when I turned around to see Christopher. He was walking to the guestroom naked and dripping with water.

Goddamn!.

He walked in and sat on the stool with the boxers on. I threw my bowl into the sink and as I walked back to the island Christopher stood up and grabbed my arm. I ended up facing him with only an inch of space between us. "Are you feeling okay?" He asked looking down at me. The concern,the need and the lust in his eyes along with his deep smooth voice left me speechless.

"I uh-um-I-a" I couldn't get get the words out. I began to try again but before I finish Christopher leaned down and kissed my lips. His lips were soft and fit almost perfectly with mine. I know it's corny but I actually felt sparks. A little while later he pulled back with a small smile. I felt the heat rush to my cheeks and I looked away to hide the obvious blushing.  His fingers lifted my chin up and our eyes locked. "What made you cry last night?"

I tried to turn away but his fingers were firm and the eye contact was too strong. My eyes began to water so I took a deep breath and held it. "I saw the guy who murdered my family." I whispered while taking in another breath. "He tried to kill me too but I made it out of the house before it burned down. I-" Before I could finish I heard the front door slam. Soon after Nicole stood before me with an amused smile and her eyes darting between Christopher and I. I totally forgot that neither of us had on anything except of under clothes. We awkwardly stood there looking at the ground until Christopher let out a nervous chuckle while scratching the back of his head and excused himself from the kitchen.

Reluctantly I looked up at Nicole who had a devious smirk on her face. "So you've been kinda busy huh?" I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest.

"I don't feel like dealing with your shit today." I glared at her and sat on a stool.

She sat in front of me and smiled a little.

Here we go..

Joyce

I was the last one to find out that Chris was in the hospital. I knew that Lacey had something to do with it. Something just didn't sit right with me. She was wonderful when I first met her. Laecey even became like the daughter I never had. Just as I thought things were looking up I was fooled again. Now I don't know what's wrong with either of them. I prayed for my son to get better and learn from his mistakes. The pictures on the wall of the young talented boy that everyone loved just fills my heart up with joy. The picture of this familiar stranger on the cover of this tabloid makes it break again. With every story someone writes I feel more and more like a failure.

I am a failure.

But I'm going to change that of its the last thing I do. I'm going to save my baby boy.