Chapter 4: Bump!

Lucy's POV

I could feel the blood rush to my face, as I stood there in embarrassment. I patiently waited for Mr.Macao to assign my seat.

"Miss Lucy you can sit over there by the window beside Natsu, the boy with the pink hair." he instructed as he pointed at the seat with his pen.

"It's salmon, dammit!" this Natsu guy yelled. Everyone started laughing and I saw some girls fawning over him.

I get it! He's one of those 'popular guys'. I've read about them in my books. From what I've read, all the girls like him. This is the beginning of my high school experience! Should I be taking notes? Maybe later at home. I wouldn't want to forget!

I'm not as oblivious to everything as I thought I would be. I mentally did a waltz dance.

I made my way towards my seat I saw Erza smile at me in the corner of my eye. But, as I was walking towards my desk I felt eyes pierced on me. I lifted my head and noticed that a girl that was sitting in front of Natsu was staring directly at me. She had pretty silver hair a little shorter than Yukino's, with smooth porcelain skin.

Out of no where, she suddenly stuck out her foot. I guess she got bored from school so she was trying to stretch out her legs. I quickly hopped over it, not wanting to accidentally step on it, being the clumsy person I am. I looked back and she froze and with a sour look on her face she slowly brought back her foot underneath her desk. Maybe she got a cramp? Oh that sucks! I hate those!

Class went fun! Mr.Macao taught us math. I knew most of it since Capricorn had already taught me. I still had fun, but most people were slouched over their desks or sleeping. That's strange, maybe they were tired.

*School Bell Rings*

Everyone who was sleeping quickly shot up from their desks and dashed towards the door that led outside. I guess they magically got energy back somehow, that's good! Judging from the time, I assume it's lunch. I don't see Erza, no way, she ditched me. I headed out towards to try and find her when a small blue haired girl with an orange bandana, stopped me.

She smiled and said "Erza went to go get her lunch and she told me to me to walk you to our lunch spot."

"Oh thank you very much. My name is Lucy, oh well I guess you already know that." I awkwardly laughed.

She giggled. "Nice to meet you Lu-cha- I mean Lucy. Sorry it just slipped." she stammered.

With a glint in my eye, I said "No need to apologize, I actually like that name!"

''My name is Levy, I hope we can become good friends."

"Yup Levy-chan, I hope we can!" I smiled and then headed out. Along the way she told me they sat in the school garden to eat lunch, which actually sounded really exciting. I noticed she had a book I had previously read. We then both began fangirling over the book and both kept ranting about our opinions on it.

We made our way through the school. The halls were empty, but was proven wrong when I hit my face against something hard which caused me to fall on the ground. My nose hurt because I hit the person directly in my face and I groaned in pain.

"Natsu! We are so sorry!" Levy interjected causing me to look up at her in confusion. If anything he should be apologizing.

Natsu's POV

The hell? I was pissed off that someone tried hitting me, but I looked at the person and it was Lucy. I slightly panicked and didn't know what to do. I was about to offer my hand in assistance, but Metal freak decided to come in.

"What's going on here?" he yelled, his voice was incredibly deep and loud.

"We're sorry!" Levy squeaked and I noticed that Gajeel's expression softened.

Lucy then stood up. She dusted her skirt and gestured Levy to follow her, so that they could leave.

"Aren't you going to apologize blondie?" Gajeel asked, dammit metal freak shut up!

She turned around with a serious look, "Why should I? I mean it's not like I made HIM fall now did I?" she said emphasizing the word 'him'. With that she walked away leaving a slightly wide eyed and speechless Gajeel standing there, surprised someone had talked back to him.

"I'm sorry for bumping into you." I accidently blurted out.

She turned around, "Thanks." pouted, and then left. I felt my cheeks tinting into a pink shade.

"Since when did you start apologizing to anyone? Gihi don't tell me you liiike her?" Gajeel smirked and patted my back.

"Shut up! I saw you eyeing Levy!" with that he stopped and we headed out. I pulled my scarf up over my cheeks casually so no one would see my blush.