Chapter 12: Not a Date

Lucy's POV

Traitor. Traitor. You can't be trusted.

What? 

"I can't believe you Lucy. You can't be helping them." Yukino said walking away from me.

"No wait! Come back!" I shouted.

"If you know about it, then it means you were in on it. How could you?" Kagura said shaking her head before walking away. "Wait! They're not doing anything bad! Please!". She turned to look at me but left me alone.

I looked around and behind me was Erza, staring right at me. "Why didn't you tell me? Things would of turned out differently." she pointed at Natsu and the others who were tied together. I felt my lungs giving up on me. "Didn't you trust me?" Erza said before disappearing. Tears began flooding in my eyes and I tried to stand but I was being pulled back. My hand reached over to try and do something, anything.

Traitor. Traitor.

"No! S-"

"Stop!" I woke up gasping for air. I started panting and desperately tried calming down. I put a hand on my chest to steady my breathing. I was sweating but I managed to calm down, I looked around and remembered everything that had happened yesterday. I pushed it in the back of my mind.

I stood up and found no one else in the room. It was a bedroom, I realized. I was still in my school uniform. I still had my white short sleeved school shirt with the small black bow on it. I still had on my navy skirt with a white stripe running across it with my black above knee socks.

The door then opened and I was so frightened, so, me being me, I grabbed the nearest object near me which was a pillow and threw it at the door. "What the f-," it was Natsu, "oh hey Luce! Morning!" he said grinning.

"Can I use the bathroom?" I asked, I wasn't trying to be rude but I wanted to brush my teeth and go home and relax. I had enough as it was.

"Yeah, we have spare toothbrushes in the bathroom." he pointed towards the bathroom connecting to the room and I ran in. I brushed my teeth and tied my hair in a messy bun. I splashed the cold water on my eyes. It made me feel refreshed.

When I walked out I noticed Natsu sitting at the edge of the bed waiting for me. As I looked around the room, I realized it wasn't a guest bedroom. "Oh yeah I forgot to mention. This is my bedroom. Ta-dah!" Natsu said with jazz hands looking up at me. "This is nice and all, but as a perfectionist, I kind of just want to reorganize everything." I fiddled with the hem of my skirt.

Then it struck me. "Where did you, sleep last night?" I asked anxious on his answer. 

He giggled, "Where do you think think?", I thought, "another bedroom?" I asked. 

"Nope, try again.". 

"Couch?"

"Nope." he giggled.

"Basement?" I snapped my fingers thinking I got it right. He shook his head. 

"The floor?". He shook his head. 

"I slept in my own bedroom silly!" He said. I felt my face getting hot, "W-w-where?" I stuttered. 

Please don't. Please. Please. "Next to you silly! We both calmly slept, but I woke up before you and decided to go get a drink." he said with a smirk plastered on his face. "Oh yeah, during the night, you kept cuddling me and saying 'Natsu', he shook his head, "I had no choice but to hug you back! Silly Rabbit!". 

I lunged at him and tackled him to the ground. "Y-you better be lying!". I stared into his onyx eyes pouting. "O-or else?" he stuttered. "Or else I'll smack you and you'll end up flying out the window!" I said with an evil glint in my eyes.

"Fine you meanie! I was kidding." He said raising his hands in surrender. I got off him and I heard him mutter something along the lines of "I wish you did."

"What'd you say?" I asked for clarification. 

"Nothing!" he quickly said. I scanned around the room.

"This room is making me cringe." I shivered.

The room wasn't a mess, but it wasn't exactly organized either. There were things put into random drawers and I was scared to look inside his closet. He awkwardly scratched the back of his neck, "C'mon Luce, you don't really mean that do you?" he asked pouting.

I laughed, "Well I think I should be heading out now." I said walking out. "Wait!" he called.

I turned to look at him, he was sitting in a 'criss crossed applesauce' way and he was pulling on his cheeks, "I uh feel bad for yesterday and I can see you still have your bruises," he said pointing at my knees, I looked down and saw that the blood had dried and my knee socks were ripped, "so to make it up, can I take you to the beach?" he asked. I raised my eyebrow.

He looked at me and his eyes widened like a little kid does when they're caught eating dessert before dinner, "It's not a date or anything!! Just... think of it as an apology." he quickly said.

I grinned, "Sure! I'd love to! Just let me go home and I'll get ready." His eyes sparkled, "I'll pick you at 1 o'clock then! We'll be eating there, there's a beach nearby and it's really awesome." I nodded. "See you later then!" I said.

I walked out took random turns and luckily made it out. I started walking out, when a red Ferrari pulled next to me. "I'll drop you off you dummy. Do you really think I'd make you walk all the way home?".

"Uh well yeah, I mean I'm okay walking, you don't have to." I said. He stared at me and I rolled my eyes and got in.

.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I couldn't decide what to wear. Natsu said it wasn't a date, so  of course, so I was debating on whether to take sweatpants or shorts.

But... it was the beach. I looked in my closet and found the right outfit. It was a plain white embroidered sundress, with black lace trimming at the bottom. I got out my favorite necklace.

A necklace with the initial, 'L' on it. I smiled looking down on it, it didn't stand for Lucy, but for 'Layla'.

I put on my outfit and wore a pair of beige flip flops. I looked outside and it seemed pretty sunny, so I grabbed a sun hat that had an adorable black bow tied to it. I did my makeup routine and walked out.

I twirled around in front of the mirror and was satisfied. My hair was gracefully down and it reached the bottom of my back. What I loved about my dress was that it had pockets, meaning I didn't have to carry a bag with me. I flipped my hair and headed out with my shades.

.

I waited outside standing against the brick wall. Natsu's car pulled around the curve and I sat inside.

He was wearing khaki shorts with a navy polo shirt. He looked... different. I looked up at him and I caught him staring at me. His cheeks were tinted with pink and his jaw hung slightly open.

"Careful Natsu, you don't want flies going in!" I laughed. He rolled his eyes and began driving.

"Get ready, Luce! We're going to have some fun!" he said turning up the radio. I laughed at his childish antics. I was beaming with joy and we weren't even there yet. 

A/N: Thank you all so much for reading! ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ

PS: I'm upset season 2 of Fairy Tail ended. I can't wait for season 3 though! ;-;