Chapter 24: Pedophile

Lucy's POV

Zeref had told us that we should probably sit down or something, so we all sat down at one of the wooden benches.

Mavis had calmed down by now, and sat down next to me.

"I'll just get to the point," she rested her hands on her lap, "My parents died when I was a toddler," that sentence brought back flashbacks of my own mother's death, but I continued to pay attention, "Well apparently they owed money to the bar I 'worked' at and because I didn't have any other relatives, they decided to take me in. Around the ages ten-eleven, I was forced to work at the bar after school without pay to makeup for my parents debt. "

I felt a warm hand place itself on mine. I looked at the source and it was Mavis who smiled at me, "I'm sorry, I know that's a lot to take in. I just don't want to go back there, I'm not treated fair."

I shook my head, "No don't worry. What I want to know, is how you met Zeref."

I looked at Zeref, and his face lit up. "I was on my shift, and one day a handsome young guy walked in," she giggled, "We both started talking, and he took me to his mansion to hang out for a while. After I told him my story, he convinced me to escape with him and I guess that's why we're in the situation we're in now."

"And how old are you?" Natsu interrupted.

"22."

Both Natsu and I stared back at each other in shock, "I thought you were ten!" Natsu yelled in shock, which caused him to get smacked in the head by Zeref who simply muttered, "Idiot, I'm not a pedophile."

Mavis awkwardly laughed, "Yeah, I know I'm short."

"So what are you going to do?" Zeref asked looking at me.

I sighed, "You don't have to follow me, but- I can tell the other officials back in the capital." I patted Mavis' back, "Don't worry, I'll try getting you out of that hell hole." which made her grin and hug me in response.

"Thank you."

.

"Bye Lucy, bye Natsu!" Mavis waved at us as we departed and headed our seperate ways.

"Maybe the next time I see you, you'll be my sister-in-law." Zeref shouted which caused Natsu to throw a waterbottle at his head.

"Go makeout with her or something!" Natsu retorted, which caused Zeref to quickly walk away with Mavis in shame.

.

"...And that's everything she said." I was in a group phone call with my other three friends; Erza, Yukino, and Kagura.

"And then he kissed me!" Erza said for the hundredth time making all of us groan in annoyance. Apparently, after their little heated argument, they kissed again and they officially started dating.

"Girl, go get some water to quench your thirst." Kagura shouted on the other line, which made both Yukino and I crack up.

"You're just jealous because you don't have a boyfriend!" Erza replied back.

"T-That's not it! We're talking about something serious here! Anyways, I'm independant and don't need anyone at the moment."

Yukino cleared her throat by coughing, "So what are we going to do?"

"We obviously have to tell the King first. He's considerate, so he's probably going to favor Mavis' side." Erza explained, "In the end, she'll have a good outcome."

"You're right." I answered.

"That settles it, I'll tell him tomorrow." Kagura volunteered.

We all agreed and called it a night. However I decided on making one last final phone call.