Chapter 25: Meeting Mr.Heartfillia

Lucy's POV

After reading Natsu's text message, I turned to look at him and blew a kiss towards his direction. I giggled as I watched him pretend to catch it and bring it to his face.

"Natsu stop groping Lucy!" Gray randomly decided to shout, which made the entire class turn to look at us. I blushed and looked back at Natsu who stood up from his desk, ready to hit Gray, but before he could do so, Erza had beat him to it, literally.

"Just watch the damn movie without saying anything." she grabbed Gray by the shoulders, since he had no shirt on, and furiously banged his head on the desk. Juvia watched all of this in horror while repeating Gray's name.

"Ok-Ok! I won't do it again, I promise!" Gray held his hands up defensively, hoping Erza would stop. She sent one final glare his way, before returning to her seat.

Natsu and I laughed at the entire scene.

.

"So I'm meeting both of your parents this weekend?" Natsu asked as we walked past the rainbow cherry blossoms. 

I slightly frowned, "N-No. Just my dad. My mother passed away." I stared back at him and I could see that guilt quickly flashed across his eyes.

"I'm sorry," he gently wrapped his arms around me, "I know how you must've felt when it happened. My mother also passed away when I was at a young age."

We stood there standing in front of one of the cherry blossom trees. I don't know how long we stood there, but what I do know, is that I wanted it to last forever.

"How did you handle it?" 

I shrugged, "Well, I don't think she would have been proud of me if I cried everyday about it, so I tried smiling through the pain, and eventually I no longer felt sadness at the mention of her name. Sure, I miss her, and she'll always have a special place in my heart, but eventually everyone has to move on, or else you'll always be haunted by the past."

.

We all walked out of class as the bell rang. Natsu walked next to me and asked, "What am I supposed to wear for the weekend?"

I shrugged, "I don't know, anything you like-,"

"What's going on?" Erza asked as her and Jellal joined our conversation.

"My dad wants to meet Natsu and so-,"

She gasped and cupped her mouth in surprise, "No way!" she turned to Natsu and patted his shoulder, "Good luck, you'll need it."

I glared at her, "Don't scare him!" Natsu's face had paled and he seemed terrified.

"I have an idea! How about you straighten my hair?" he asked. Erza and Jellal turned to each other and burst out laughing.

"You'll look even scarier than you do already." Jellal smirked, making Natsu shrug, "Wouldn't that make me look smart and professional?"

"No it'll make you look stupid." Gray snorted as he appeared out of nowhere with Juvia clinging at his side.

"No one asked you!" Natsu hissed, to which Gray removed his shirt in response and they both ended up fighting on the ground.

"I want to be included too!" Jellal whined and joined in and the three of them started wrestling together.

Juvia whined, "Now I have two love rivals." I patted her back, "It's fine. I'm sure he'll pick a certain blue haired girl."

.

Natsu pulled into the driveway of the mansion, near the gigantic fountain that was surrounded by lilacs and bushes.

"What if he doesn't accept me?" Natsu nervously asked as he unclasped the seat belt.