Chapter 14: Ignoring

Lucy's POV

I yawned stretching my arms. It was Monday and I rolled off the bed hitting face first and feeling the cold floor on my cheek. I walked like a zombie to the bathroom where I rinsed my face, added my makeup on my face in an artistic way and got ready for the day. I braided my hair back in a fancy yet simple braid.

I headed to school enjoying the gentle breeze. That was until I noticed a familiar salmon haired boy. I grinned getting making my way towards him, but was stopped. It wasn't just him, but with another girl. Again.

It was a different girl and he was making out with her. I felt something break inside me. Despite this I quickly blinked tears threatening to fall down my eyes and took another route to school. I don't understand why I'm acting so strange, it isn't like me. We're not even dating, so why should I care.

.

"Pssst Luce!" Natsu whispered.

I hated him.

"Luce!!"

I'm not going to talk to him.

"Oi Luce!"

I'm not going to give in.

"I had lots of fun at the beach!" he said now sounding desperate.

I'm not like those girls.

I yawned, stretched my arms dramatically and took notes. "Luce are you igno-"

"Mr. Dragneel! If you don't stop you'll stand for the rest of the period!" Mr.Macao yelled at him making the whole class laugh at him. I heard Natsu grunt in annoyance and he stopped. 

.

The bell rang dismissing us for lunch. I stood up and even though I heard my name being called by Natsu, I ignored him and went with my friends. They smiled at me and we headed out to our lunch spot.

Once settled down and eating, chaous errupted.

It started innocently and calmly.

"Lu-chan, how come Natsu was calling you?" she said with a smug look.

I shrugged, "No reason really."

"Oh don't be like that." Juvia waved her hand like a damsel in distress, "Juvia saw him calling and whispering your name in class...that's why he got in trouble!" she said as she figured it out while saying it.

I twiddled with my fingers, "Well during the weekend he took me to the beach." I said pretending to suddenly be intrigued by the trees, hoping they would just drop the topic.

And that's when it began.

Mirajane spat her water out onto Levy who quickly stood up to avoid it, which made Erza fall over and cause her cake to go flying into the air. We all stared at the cake in slow motion, that somehow magically ended up falling into the middle of the table causing frosting and cake to go all over us.

We all stared at each other shocked before giggling and laughing with tears of joy, except for Erza who was weeping over her cake. Her cake wasn't a slice either, it was an actual full cake.

Not long after, I was bombed with questions.

"So let's get this straight, you and Natsu went on a date?" Erza asked with a hint of jealousy in her voice. "But you've barely known each other." she muttered under her breath.

"I-it wasn't a date!" I claimed.

"How far did you two get?" Mirajane asked wiggling her eyebrows while smirking.

"It was nothing. I-it wasn't a date. Natsu said it wasn't a date." I said awkwardly scratching my arm.

"Oh come on Lucy!" Juvia said annunciating each word, "He obviously only said that because he didn't want you to reject his offer!" she said and grabbed my shoulders, "Open your eyes! He liiikes you!!" she said while violently shaking me.

"Yeah Lucy," Erza started.

"Oh not you too." I said exasperated.

She shrugged as she took a slice of cake which I assumed was extra, "If you don't do anything about it, you might regret it." she said eating her cake and looking out in the distance, "You just don't want to live like that." she said finishing her cake after the sentence.

I sighed, knowing I wasn't getting out of this. Luckily for me, luck was on my side and the bell rang!

"Oh my!" I gasped, "I guess we'll talk about it next time!" I said turning on my heels ready to leave, before someone grabbed me by my collar.

"Not so fast!" Mirajane said with a dark aura surrounding her, and I noticed everyone huddle together. "This calls for a girls night!" she perked up, making her shine.

Everyone squealed together while jumping up and down excitedly, even Erza which was uncharacteristic of her. I had no choice but to join them as I was caught in the excitement. This is why I loved coming here! It'll be my first sleep over! 

"How about at my place tonight?" I asked with a glint in my eyes as I clasped my hands together. Another round of squeals were heard making us the center of attention as people passed by us to head to class. I guess that answered my question.

.

Class ended and I collected my stuff ready to head out but someone blocked my path. I sighed looking up to face Natsu.

"Why haven't you talked to me today?" he asked putting his arms up so I wouldn't be able to leave.

I did the 'I don't know' gesture with my hands, and tried going around him but he wouldn't allow it.

"Are, Are-Are you mad at me?" he asked his bangs covering his right eye.

I smiled my own eyes meeting his, "No, not at all. I'm just," I sighed continuing, "I'm just really disappointed in myself for not realizing a mistake I was making.".

"Wait I don't understand. Did I do anything wrong?" he asked. I didn't do anything.

His face showed no expression, but I could see hurt in his eyes. "Maybe I can change that though." I said and left leaving him speechless. 

Everyone was waiting outside for me and we happily walked outside to my place. I was going to have so much fun!