Chapter 23: Missing Person

Erza's POV

"E-Erza!" Jellal quickly stood up and faced me.

"How much did you hear?" he asked as he shoved his hands in his pocket.

"Just the last part," I firmly placed my hands on my hips, "What do you mean by me becoming 'distant', if anything that describes you, jerk!"

He looked taken back, "How? You're so-,"

"Why are you like this?" I could feel my voice becoming louder, "During middle school you would rarely talk to me, and in high school you didn't talk to me at all. It was only until the project that we worked on together, that you actually started talking.-"

"You're so selfish. Could you stop thinking about yourself for once?" His words caught me off guard and they stung causing my confidence to fall.

"I would actually try talking to you, but you would always be so quiet. Whenever I would look at you, you would look away. Did you ever consider my feelings?" He inched closer to me and I hated the fact that he towered over me.

I stepped closer, "You're so full of yourself! I would avoid you because you would always be out with other girls!" I yelled and clenched my fist. 

"So you were jealous-", that was all it took for me to slap him, the action caused his head turn to the side and I could see a red outline quickly forming on his right cheek.

 As far as I could remember, I had always been a secure person who didn't cry easily, but when it came to Jellal, my emotions would pour out. 

"You're such a fu-,"

Jellal cut me off as he slammed his lips on mine. I would of never thought this could have happened, the only times I had ever imagine this, were in my fairy tale dreams. 

We both parted, and Jellal smiled at me before he rested his chin on my head.

"You never change, even since we were kids you would always fully express yourself, which is what I like about you."

After a moment of peaceful silence between us, he pulled away and looked at me in the eyes.

"Do you want to go hang out a little at the park with me?" he asked. His smile was genuine, and it made me smile as well. I knew that this meant that we would talk about our 'situation' at the park and he would most likely talk in a calmer manner. 

"Let's go." I agreed and with that we walked away together.

Lucy's POV

"They forgot about us." Natsu looked at me.

I chuckled, "Yeah, well it's fine. They're probably going to sort everything out."

Natsu held my hand and intertwined it with his, "Well since there's still light out, do you want to go downtown? There's lots of shops and stuff down there."

I checked the pocket on my backpack and luckily I had money. "What about your car?" I asked.

"I'll drive us there, park somewhere and then we can walk around. When we're done, I can drive you home."

"Then let's go!" I smiled.

"So what do you plan on doing after we graduate?" I asked him.

He looked up and thought for a moment, "Well probably take over my dad's company. I never thought of anything beyond that-"

"Don't you have a dream? Isn't there a goal you want to accomplish?"

"No. I'm actually happy becoming the next heir. And as for dreams, well I didn't have one until recently. Though, I plan on turning my dream into reality after we finish high school."

"What is it?" I turned to look at him, and his lips curled up into a smile.

"Can't tell you sweetheart." he winked at me, making me blush.

I pouted, "Why not?"

"You'll find out soon enough." he said, leaving me curious. Him being the idiot he was, he probably wanted to become a unicorn or something.

I looked around and gasped. I ran to the glass pane on the outer part of the store, and stared ahead. A gorgeous silver necklace was the spotlight of the store. It had bright shining stars attached around it making it glow. It looked so magical and sparkly and it was the size of a choker.

"You really like don't you?" Natsu said emphasizing the word 'like'.

I shrugged, "It's just a necklace." I pretended to not care and we carried on, although part of me wished I had bought it. I didn't actually check the price, so maybe I'll return to buy it someday.

"Luce," I turned my head to look at Natsu.

"Yeah?"

"I just wanted to let you know that you're hot." he bluntly said while his entire face lit up like flames.

I blushed, "T-thank you?" it came out as more of a question but in all honestly I had no idea what to say back.

"Sorry, that just kind of came out." he awkwardly laughed.

"Natsu!" we both turned to look at a black haired young man, running towards us along with a small, blonde  girl.

I lifted an eyebrow, his face seemed somewhat familiar, and that's when I remembered. 

He was Natsu's older brother. I looked at the girl next to him, and she actually had an authentic smile on her face, unlike the sad green eyes in her picture I had seen, they actually looked like they were sparkling.

"Hey," Natsu hugged him. Their contrasting hair colors didn't make them appear like brothers.

His brother looked at me and flashed a smile, "Oh are you Natsu's wife?" he asked with a grin.

I opened my mouth to say something but Natsu beat me to it, "What the hell?! We're still in high school, but,-" he awkwardly coughed, "yeah we're dating."

"Well nice to meet you, my name's Zeref." he brought out his hand, and I shook it,

 "Nice to meet you as well, my name's Lucy."

I looked over the blonde haired girl. Her hair was wavy and a couple shades lighter than mine and it was very long, ending at the bottom of her lower back.

I slowly started panicking, should I confront him? I understand it's the reasonable thing to do, so might as well.

"E-excuse m-me, but are you Mavis Vermillion?" I looked  at her and she nodded.

"Yeah, that's my name. Why do you ask?" she smiled, she wasn't exactly short but she was about three inches shorter than me. 

I cleared my throat, "Well someone filed a missing report on you, and I actually work with the capital, so-"

Tears started welling in her eyes making me feel guilty. She quickly wiped them, "I-I'm sorry this is just a topic I have a hard time talking about."

"Well the thing is, I'm supposed to take you back now-,"

Her eyes widened in horror, "No please don't!" 

I looked over at Natsu who seemed like he really didn't know what to say.

"Well I don't kno-,"

"I guess I should tell you about my life, there's actually a reason on why I don't want to go back." she said as she bit her upper lip. 

She looked at Zeref, and as they made eye contact, she gripped his hand slightly before looking back at me.

I had no idea on what to expect.