Chapter 16: Santa's Coming to Town

Lucy's POV

Since all the girls had already gotten their stuff prepared, they all got themselves ready for school. We all huddled in front of the mirror to apply make up on our faces together while humming. I noticed how Mirajane went for a more elegant and sophistacted look.

We happily walked together, and went inside campus. "Hey Luce!" my salmon haired friend said. I turned to him and grinned. Erza nudged me and winked, making both me and Natsu walk away in fear. He followed me to my locker, where I neatly placed all my stuff in. I was feeling tired since I woke up at around three in the morning to finish my homework.

I then grinned, took Natsu by the wrist and ran outside. Class didn't start until twenty minutes. I turned around to face him and his cheeks were once again red. I giggled at this making him scoff and turn to the side.

"So-" Natsu started to ask.

"Can I tell you something you promise not tell anyone?" I asked him.

He smiled, "Of course Luce!". "Really?" I asked once again.

"Yes!" he said assuring me. I looked around to make sure no one was around or looking.

"Fine let me whisper it to you then." I said, this way I knew no one would hear it.

He blushed and squatted, so I could whisper. "Does Jellal like anyone? Or is he going out with anyone?" I whispered.

At first his eyes widened and I could see anger flash across his eyes, "Why do you like him?" he growled. I laughed making him angrier. He looked so adorable angry, the way his eyes looked as if they had changed color. His eyes were adorable.

I shook my head, "No, no! Don't worry, you can keep Jellal all for yourself." I smirked and snapped my fingers at him in a sassy manner, laughing even harder. Natsu pretended to gag and shook his head as if he were imagining things.

"Then?" he asked lifting a brow. I sighed rolling my eyes.

"I want him and Erza to be happy together. I know Erza likes him, so I was wondering if maybe Jellal liked anyone?" I clarified, with a small grin on my face. He looked down at me and smiled, looking a little surprised.

He smirked, "Ahh. I get it now. Jellal is pretty quiet-" I giggled, "What?" he asked.

"You called him pretty." I laughed making him roll his eyes and groan.

"Anyways, he doesn't usually say what's on his mind. I don't think he likes anyone in particular at the moment. But remember that one time I told Erza she liked Jellal?", I nodded, "Well after class Jellal asked me if Erza answered. I told him Erza didn't actually give a proper response and I could tell the guy was disappointed." he said.

I nodded my head in understanding, "I see! Well he obviously liikes her." I proudly stated, figuring it out.

"Just like I like you." I thought I heard him say, but it was unclear because he muttered.

"What?"

"Nothing!" he fiercely shook his head. I shrugged and we walked back to class together.

He placed a hand on my shoulder, "Don't worry, I'll help you though." he smiled at me.

Everyone deserved to be happy.

.

The bell rang for break and I rushed to my locker. I got out my homework and supplies and placed it inside my bag. "Hi Lucy!" someone greeted me. I turned to find the source of the voice, and it was Lisanna, to my surprise.

Her once over the shoulder hair, was cut to above her shoulders, a little past her ears. Even though it was a haircut, it actually made her look really different. I smiled at her, "Hey, what's up?".

She took my hand and slightly bowed, "I just wanted to say thank you!", she stood up, " After you took to me to the counselors, they reccomended me to a therapist, and well after I got help, I was able to see the things I had done wrong. I'm trying to change my old rude manners now. I also wanted to apologize for threatening you last time." she awkwardly smiled and brought out her hands in a prayer way.

"It's fine, don't worry about it." I smiled. "Well I'm really sorry! Can you please insult me as payback?" she asked dead serious.

I shook my hands and refused, "N-no it's ok, really!".

"Please!" she pleaded and kept pesturing me by repeating it over and over.

I sighed and exhaled a shaky breath. "O-ok, here I go." I took a deep breath searching my brain for an insult, "Uh, uh-", "Please!" she pleaded, "Fine! Your hair is as white as Santa's beard and that's an insult to Santa!" I blurted out.

My eyes widened and I quickly placed both my hands on my mouth. I looked at her, ready to apologize. She stood still for a moment before laughing aloud. "Lucy-" she clutched on to her stomach to try and stop laughing, "That wasn't even a big insult, but I'll take it." she grinned.

"Friends?" she asked smiling. I smiled back and extended my right arm, so we could shake hands. But she didn't... instead she pulled me in for a hug, surprising me. "Friends!" I instantly squealed and hugged back.

She headed to class and waved to me, I smiled back.

.

During class, Natsu and I kept throwing and passing notes at each other. Natsu started it with horrible grammer.

"Luce, guess what?" his note read.

"What?"

"You're hair is very blond." I rolled my eyes.

"Your*"

"?"

"You mispelled it."

"Whatevs. Anyways wanna go 2 the beach this week end?" he wrote.

"I'd love to! Also you write like an illiterate llama." 

He kept taking out new notes and passing it to me, I noticed each note had a small heart at the top right corner. I raised a brow.

"Why do they all have hearts?" I wrote. I turned to look at him while he read it. His eyes widened and his face matched his hair making me look at him in admiration. His hair looked soft.

"I bought the wrong notes."

"You've clearly been drawing them in. PS: Your face is very salmon."

"I have not! Do you like it like that?" I looked at him and he had a cocky smirk plastered on his face.

"If I do?" I teased and threw it at his face.

He sent another note back with a giant heart drawn on it. I blushed a deep red, and stopped writing after that.