Chapter 17: Hottest Couple

Lucy's POV

During lunch, we all gathered at our usual favorite spot. I felt a familiar muscular, warm arm wrap around me, confused, I looked around and all my friends were smirking at me. I turned around and was met with my favorite onyx eyes. I smiled and scooted to the side to make room for him.

"Hey Luce," he grinned at me, "I was bored so I decided to hang out with you, and the best known stripper in town followed me." I laughed aloud knowing perfectly well who he was referring to.

"Hey Juvia." Gray said and casually sat close to her. Smooth.

Juvia was silent for a moment before she squealed, "Ah Gray-sama decided to join me! How are you?" she grinned and sat even closer to Gray, making his cheeks tint a shade of pink in the process.

"Aww!" all my friends chirped at the scene.

Natsu leaned in and whispered, "Hey, follow-" I started laughing making everyone turn their attention to me, "That tickles!" I told him, causing him to laugh along. "Whatever."

"Just follow my lead!" he quickly said, to avoid tickling me.

I opened my mouth to ask him what he meant by that, but he said in a rather loud voice, "Luce! If you and I were to ever become a couple, we would obviously be the hottest couple!" while smirking.

I insanely blushed, probably making it look like my face would pop at any moment. Everyone was wide eyed, except for Gray who stood up and shouted, "OH YEAH? Well when Juvia and I date, we're gonna be the coolest couple on campus!" he said while removing his shirt for no apparent reason.

Everyone started laughing at the scene. "No Luce and I are cuter!" Natsu yelled at Gray while grabbing his tie, since Gray's shirt was off. "Clearly me and Juvia are better!" They continued saying this and thankfully no one was around to see this. I tried my best to not blush, but failed. I turned to Juvia who was madly blushing but was staring at Gray in admiration. She also kept muttering things to herself like, "When should Juvia make plans for the wedding? Does Juvia look decent right now?" while shaking her head. I also heard a camera flash, but shurgged it off.

Erza ate her strawberry cake, not bothering to stand up and make them stop. Mirajane was squealing as she was scribbling and writing on a notebook that was neatly decorated with stickers, glitter, and paint. Levy was just giggling at the scene while eating. I took out my usual cookies and offered them to everyone.

"Thanks Luce!" Natsu said taking the whole container from me, I slapped his hand, "Only one Natsu!" I warned. He pouted, took one, and muttered "meanie.".

"You made these?" Gray asked. I nodded. "Damn, you would make a great wife for a certain someone." he said and cocked his head to one side, indicating Natsu, who was oblivious to the scene. I blushed and looked down. 

Since Juvia didn't see who Gray was looking at, she glared daggers at me and declared me as her, "Love Rival!" right there and then. Everyone laughed and Gray rolled his eyes and patted her head. She looked at me and stuck out her out her tongue. I shook my head. The bell rang and the four of us walked to class together laughing, with Mirajane, Levy, and Erza tailing behind. 

After class ended, I walked out. I signaled for Erza to come over and she nodded. We walked together home.

"So what did you have to tell me?" she raised a brow.

"Well remember the last case?" I asked referring to the problem about the 'gang'.

Her face paled and she turned to me, "Yeah what about it?" she asked.

"I found out ... Natsu was a Dragneel." I sighed, ready for her to hit me, for not telling her sooner.

I looked at her and her face softened, "Yeah I know too. That's why when we found out about the case, my instincts instantly made me worry and panic for Natsu. You know, he doesn't care about anything, Lucy." she told me. "I didn't have the heart to tell you, after all, you've both been hanging out with each other, and I didn't want to upset you."

I looked at her wide eyed and hugged her. "I'm sorry!" I said. "For what?" she asked.

"You must of worried about that. I know how you are, and how if something small bugs you, you end up worrying about it too long." I apologized, feeling guilty.

She ruffled my hair, "Oh don't worry. Anyways, did you find out anything else?" she asked.

I started sweating not knowing how she would react.

"Y-yeah. Well it turns out that it really is a gang. In it are Natsu," Natsu's smiling face appeared in my head and I shook it off, "Gray, Gajeel, Laxus, and-" I sighed, "Jellal."

A train passed behind us, making Erza's scarlet red hair blow into the air. Her eyes were wide and I could see a look of disappointment in her brown eyes as her whole expression fell.

She sighed and ran her hand threw her hair, "Well I expected this. I didn't want to believe they were in a gang, but it makes sense. Do you know why exactly they're doing it?" she asked, forcing a calm expression on her face.

Mirajane's words and Natsu's smile appeared in my head. "N-natsu said they did drugs. He also admitted that they were the ones going around spray painting those names on the walls. BUT- remember what Mira said? She said Natsu did things like that because he didn't care about anything. Natsu told me he did it, out of boredom." I said trying to convince her they weren't doing anything wrong. After all, it was just their way of having fun.

She thought for a moment, "What if the capital finds out?" she nervously said. "You know we'll get in big trouble. And that's just us, imagine what'll happen to them?"

I smiled with full confidence, "Then we fight against them, and defend our friends at all cost."

She face palmed probably thinking I was insane but started laughing. "Dammit Heartfillia, I can't believe I'm actually going to say this, but," she grinned, "I'm in."