Chapter 8: It Wasn't a Pillow

Lucy's POV

I felt myself waking up. I slightly fluttered my eyes open but I wanted to keep sleeping. I still had my arms around my pillow that I always cuddled. I snuggled with it, but it smelled.. different.

It smelled like the first day of summer where everything just seems perfect. I fluttered my eyes open and saw a shirt. I fully opened my eyes. I screamed and kicked whatever was on my bed to the ground. I noticed a flash of pink hair, and then I heard a groan in pain.

"What was that for Lucy?" Natsu said in groggy voice. "The hell do you think you're doing?" I yelled at him with a pillow ready in my hand to hit him. "The couch wasn't comfortable, so I came here to sleep in your bed. I don't regret it though! You cuddled me like a teddy bear." he said with a smirk plastered on his face. Although, there was a small tint of pink on his face.

I screamed out in embarrassment. "I thought you were my pillow!" I managed to say. I could feel my face burning up. He started laughing hysterically causing me to scream out again in embarrassment. "Cmon its early let's go back to sleep." he said as if nothing had ever happened. He got back into my bed. I kicked him in the face and went back to sleep peacefully.

.

I hummed as I walked to school. What a beautiful day. I met up with Erza, Levy, Juvia, and Mirajane at the front. We chatted about out weekend, I didn't mention the incident that had happened. However I did learn the names of their partners. Erza said she was paired with Jellal, the whole time she said this while averting her eyes to try and keep a striaght face on. Juvia said she was paired with Gray, which was weird. I mean who names their son after a color? Might as well name Erza, uh Scarlet! Oh wait... And then Mirajane told us she was partners with Laxus. The bell rang and we all walked to class.

Class went by fine. Ocassionally I'd catch Natsu looking in my direction and he would just flip his head to the side. At one point I pretended to look out the window and I felt him staring at me so I turned around to look at him and smirked. He tried smirking back but it didn't work since his cheeks had a pink tint. He must of been embarrassed. Silly goose. 

After the first part of our class was over, we got a five minute break. I decided to go to the bathroom. However after I came back, I couldn't find my bag. I asked Levy but she didn't see it because she had been talking with Erza. I started panicking, I mean I could always buy a new bag, but it had my school supplies and assignments in it. I heard snickering in the background but decided to ignore it. I looked everywhere, and my eyes landed on the window. I looked out and saw that my bag had been thrown outside. I calmly walked out picked up all my things and headed back to class. All this in the five minutes. As I was walking out of class to go to lunch, someone walked passed me and bumped their shoulders on mine.

During lunch I told everyone what had happened. "That's strange, who would do that?" Erza thought. I shrugged, well it was over now. We calmly ate out lunch. 

"Maybe it's one of Natsu's 'fangirls'? Well since you are his partner, like today some girls tried pushing me just because I was picked as Gray's partner." Juvia said in a sad tone. I frowned that wasn't right.

I smiled at Juvia, "Don't let it get to you, I could care less on what they do to me." I said. She giggled "thanks Lucy-san" 

"Its fine, no need to be formal." I smiled. She grinned back. 

.

The day ended, I waved goodbye to my friends and walked home. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and was met with onyx eyes.

"Hey Luce, do you want a ride home? It's kind of dark outside." he said. I had to admit it with kind of cold, I shivered and agreed. "Here," he said removing his white scarf which I surprisingly hadn't noticed he was wearing, "it'll keep you warm." he smiled.

"T-thanks." I said while chattering from the cold. I got into his car. "Do you uh want to go to a cafe or something?" he asked while his eyes were focused on the road. I thought about it and he glanced at me, "I mean you don't have to! But it's cold so it might be nice."

I smiled, "Yeah sure!'' We drove to a mall and entered a cafe. I still had his scarf around me it kept me warm. It smelled really good too. We sat down and looked at the menu. I ordered a small late and he ordered a hot chocolate.

"So how was school?" he asked.

 "You make it sound like you weren't there." I told him. 

He laughed, "Well I mean you didn't talk to me, and I was just wondering how your day was."

 I smirked, "I caught you staring at me during class."

He blushed, "That's b-b-ecause there was a spider on top of you hair!" he yelled. I screamed, "And you only stared? Why didn't you take it off!" On instinct, I brought my hand over hand getting rid of anything I thought could've been there.

He started laughing, "Pfft- HAHAHA Luce you should of seen your face it was like this," he said making his eyes huge and parting his lips to make an 'o' shape. "Shut up!" I yelled.

The waitress came and gave us our drinks. I calmly got it and drank it. Natsu got some frosting from his hot chocolate on his pinky, leaned over and gently placed it on my nose. I blushed and looked down with my eyes wide. "Dammit, I wanted to make a mustache on you, but I already messed up." he said. I slapped his hand away and quickly drank my latte. He finished his hot chocolate. I reached into my skirt pockets for spare change to pay for my drink but Natsu stopped me, he placed the money on the table.

"Uh here!" I handed him money. "Don't worry about, it's my treat." he smiled. I thanked him. He drove me home, and I handed him his scarf back. I took a quick secret sniff and headed out. "Thanks for right now. I had fun." I smiled at him. "Yeah we should do that sometime again, Rudolph." I gave him a puzzling look and went inside.

I put my things on the floor and went to the bathroom. I looked at myself and realized... my nose was red because of the cold.