A Call

Aph sat up next to me reading a note. The covers pulled up to her stomach. I was to close to her so I back up. I look over at my clock and rub my eyes. It said 1pm. I stare and fall out of the bed. I hit the floor hurting my back. She stares down at me.

"Wow... You are clumsy huh?" she asks laughing. I chuckle. She drops the note and gets out of bed. I sit up and read the note.

Dear Lord Aphmau,
We here at Scalewinds would like a visit from you. We haven't been in contact for a while. I would love to see you again. Please come and visit.
Sincerely,
Nicole Lord of Scalewinds.

I stare at the note then at Aph who was brushing her hair.

"Who's this Nicole?" I ask standing up. She looks at me and smiles.

"She was an old friend of mine who lived here." she says smiling. I nod. I get myself dressed and walk out so she can to. I go upstairs and make myself food. Aph comes up the steps and does the same.

"So... Are you really planning on going?" I ask. She nods. "Who shall we take with?" I ask pointing out the door. She nods and thinks.

"Um... Well Katelyn for sure. Garroth if he wants to come. Aaron, and... You of course." she explains. I nod and get up putting away my plate. She grabs my arm. I stop and face her. "Look i got to go to the tree house with Levin." she says. I nod as she walks out toward the tree house. I assume Levin is already there. It would make since. I stood looking as she walked away. I turn my head Katelyn walking toward me.

"Hey." she says walking to my side. I stare at her an smile. "I heard what happened to Garroth." she says.

I sigh. "Yeah. I did look up to the high priest, but now... I've seen what he can do." I say facing her. "Did Zane ever give you a potion like that?" I ask her.

She sighs and nods. "Yes. That time I went evil like Garroth. Everyone said I wasn't myself. Then next thing I know. Im coming here on a mission to spy on Phoenix Drop. Now, I gave up that position to not go threw anymore of that pain." she says starring off. I nod.

We stood there in silence for half an hour Aph still hadn't come back. I get up.

"Im gonna go. Goodbye Katelyn." I say. She smiles at me and nods. I turn and jog toward the tree house. I get to the door of the tree house. I look up saw no one. I run around to the front. I take a few steps back to see the balcony. Aph was on the other side of the fence reaching for something.

"What are you doing!?" I shout up. She looks down at me and goes back to what she was reaching for. Levin held the hem of her shirt.

"Im trying to get this necklace!" she shouts down. I roll my eyes and chuckle.

"Need help!?" I call up again. She shakes her head. Looked like Levin had this. She walks onto a branch and reaches for the necklace that hung there. "Your gonna get yourself hurt!" I shout up. She shakes her head.

"I've done this enough before and have never fallen." she says. I nod slowly and roll my eyes.

"She did fall once!" Levin laughs. I chuckle. She reaches for the necklace and stumbles forward. She falls side ways and plummets toward the ground. I run over to where she was falling. I jump up and grab her. I fall down rolling my ankle in the progress. I scream as the pain ot becomes like fire. Aph quickly gets up off me.

"Are you ok!?" she asks panicked.

I go to my side and push myself up. "Yeah Im-" my ankle gives out and i collapse. "Fine." I say finishing. She chuckles and helps me up. I hop on one foot leaning on her. We walk over to Levin. He helped them get me back to her house.