t w e n t y f o u r

For the whole upcoming week she didn't reply the dozens of texts that Jongin sent to her. She thought that maybe when she finally gets to work on a project, she'll get a friend that would listen to her. But she fell for him with the way he plays with his words. And again, she was hurt by words.

She even ignored the boy. She even purposely left her memo pads at home so she won't be able to write any reply to Jongin. Jongin brought his own memo pads but she would always pass them back to him and he was left with guilt.

Now he's sitting in his room staring into the distance. From his bedroom window, he could see the leaves falling and he could feel as if he had made her give up hope and how the hope was falling down like how the leaves are falling.

Falling to the ground and waiting to be eaten by microbes or maybe be stepped on, crushing what was once a fresh leave trying to survive despite having to fight for the essentials to live. Her hope was once something that she tried to keep alive.

Her hope of having to be accepted, to be listened despite knowing it was just another small matter.

He crushed her hope. He was the reason that made her fall off the cliff when she was at the end of her energy trying to get back up.

He killed her one and only hope.

He regretted it.