f o r t y

After telling each other a few fond memories of the ones they've lost, they came to a silence. Seeing how the silence was trying to creep up and bug her, she plugged in her earpods and began listening to her playlist.

Doing the exact same thing, Jongin let himself fall for the soft melody of the song. He was immersed with the lyrics and as if the universe had planned it all along, the lyrics was describing what he's currently facing.

Closing his eyes and slumping into the bench, a gush of wind came and the coldness hit is bare face. He's been trying to put into words, the best way to tell her. It's making him annoyed wanting to tell her, confess to her in the most perfect way possible.

Just after gaining confidence and finally knowing which words to use. Jongin opened his eyes and turned towards her. But she already left.

Leaving a note, he carefully picked it up and read it.

A long heartfelt note on the moments they spent together, the reasons why she's thankful towards him and how much of a rollercoaster ride she's been with him. At the end, her confession and also a goodbye.

It was the most beautiful thing he had ever read in all of her writings he had read. But it broke him because she's given up on hoping. She said she'll stop her emotions towards him. His savior giving up after telling him to get back up.

Just before he could get up and ran after her, Sehun appeared in front of him. Seeking for forgiveness. As much as his conscience tells him to go after her, he can't stop himself from opening up back to his best friend he had abandoned.

Damn it Jongin, why did you blew your chance at it? Maybe the few good deeds you did before would earn you another chance. Let's hope they'll be another chance even if it's close to being a dead chance.