First Night...

It hadn't been that hard, really. Nap time had been worse. Now that they knew about Harry and Niall's dummies, Harry's pull up, and other craziness necessary for them, the only struggle was Louis. They knew he'd been a bit upset during the day, like, at times, he looked like he might have been about to cry, but he always smiled and got over it. Zayn and Liam kind of wanted him to tell them what was happening, and get it off his chest, but they decided not to say anything.

They knew Louis was used to sleeping in a big room, so maybe being alone again would be a challenge, or remind him of the time he spent alone in his house, but when they asked him if he wanted to share the bed with Harry, or move his to the other boy's room, he refused.

Louis' room was the farthest away from theirs, so both of them went to tuck him in and kiss him goodbye.

"Lou, if you need anything, at all, come to us, alright?" Louis nodded, but he seemed unsure. They kissed his cheek, and left for their bed. Harry and Niall were already asleep, so they just brushed their teeth, and fell asleep themselves.

Later that nigh, Liam woke up. He looked at the time, it was 2am, definitely too early. Something wasn't right. He listened closely, and he could hear little sobs coming from somewhere in the house. Someone was crying, a lot. Liam shook Zayn to wake him up.

"Wassgoingon?" he said. Liam shushed him, and told him to listen closely.

"Get up" Liam whispered, putting a hand on his husband's chest.

They both managed to get on their feet, and soon they were outside of their room, following the sound. It came from Louis' room, and he seemed to be really upset. The door was a bit opened, so they just pushed, letting light fill the room, to reveal a very upset Louis crying his eyes out in the middle of the bed, looking at them with fear in his eyes.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Don't, sorry!" he screamed. They rushed to his side and sat on the bed.

"Don't worry Lou, we're here, it's okay" They whispered soothingly. Louis rubbed his eyes while he kept apologizing over and over. Also, he didn't let the adults take the sheets off him, even though he was sweating.

"Lou, calm down, can you tell us what happened, baby?" Zayn said. After a minute, Louis spoke.

"I.. I had a bad nightmare.. and now... then I woke up... and I..." he continued crying, but they knew what it was about. The smell in the air gave it away.

"Did you wet the bed, Lou?" Liam asked, and Louis nodded while crying with his eyes shut. "Sorry! I won't do it again, I swear!" he sobbed. They managed to pull back his covers to reveal the big wet patch in the bed and his pants.

"Louis, it's okay, it's normal that this happened, Lou. You had a nightmare, we're not mad, at all. Come on, you can pick fresh pajamas, and you can come to our bed. Okay?" Louis nodded and sniffled, fighting tears. Liam picked him up and carried him to the bathroom, not minding the wet pants, and sat him on the toilet. He striped the boy off his soaked pants and t-shirt, and turned on the shower. He washed the little boy quickly, and when they were done, and Louis was wrapped in a towel, Zayn brought new pajamas and undies to dress the boy. Louis was still sniffling a bit, and a few tears fell from his eyes. Zayn carried him to their bedroom, where Louis laid in the middle of the bed, between Liam and Zayn.

"Does this happen often, Lou?" Zayn asked, while he touched his hair.

"When I'm sick, or if I have a nightmare, or sometimes like... If I'm upset when I go to bed..." He was about to start crying again. "But I don't wanna wear nappies like a baby, please!"

"You don't have to, because you'll be happy here, and you're not going to have nightmares or be upset, okay?"

Louis nodded, but tears were streaming down his face. "Thank you" he said. His parents cooed.  "Don't worry Lou, okay? Let's sleep now, we'll be here"

After a few minutes of silence, Louis spoke again.

"When can I call you daddy and papa? Cuz El said I should, but I don't know how..." He hesitated.

"Whatever you want to call us is fine, Lou, don't feel obligated to do it. We'd be happy if you called us daddy and papa, if you want."

Louis nodded, and whispered:

"Good night daddy an' papa"

Liam swear he saw Zayn was crying, but then again so was he. They waited until he was asleep again, to look at each other. They thought this would take time, but he was already saying it like that.

"I call Daddy" Liam said. Zayn chuckled. "Poor thing, he was scared. Do you think his dad hit him when he had accidents?"

"Probably" Liam answered, looking at the peaceful kid laying between them. "Let's sleep now"

*******************************************

The next morning, Liam, being a light sleeper, woke up to sounds from the baby monitor. He focused, and could hear clearly Niall's baby voice, just talking to himself.

He rolled to his side, and saw Louis in the middle of the bed, sprawled like a starfish, with an arm over Zayn. They were both peacefully asleep, so Liam left the bed silently, and walked to the little ones' bedroom. It was eight already, and light entered through the window.

As soon as he entered, he saw Niall smile widely at him, holding his bunny from his bed. He was sitting on his knees and he had pushed his sheets to the floor. Liam looked at the other bed, where Harry was opening his eyes slowly, and looking around, still half asleep. Liam walked to Niall's bed. Niall stood up on the bed, spit his dummy out of his mouth and raised his arms.

"Hello monkey" Liam cooed, making the little boy laugh. "Let's go get your brother, okay?" Niall turned his body towards Harry's bed. That meant he had recognized Harry as his brother. Liam smiled softly.

"Hi, Hazza" he said. The boy's hair was all over the pillow and his face, so Liam moved it back. "Good morning, baby"

"Hazzaa" Niall blabbered in his baby voice, patting Harry's head.

Harry sat up in bed slowly, rubbing his eyes, and raised his arms, asking to be picked up like Niall. Liam pulled out his dummy, and as soon as he caught him, he felt the heavy pull up.

"Let's take you two to the bathroom to get changed, alright?" Harry blushed and hid his face in Liam's shoulder, whining.

"Food" Niall complained.

"First change, then breakfast." Niall smiled again, and clapped.

Liam sat Harry on the toilet while he changed Niall into a new nappy, and then took Harry's really wet pull up, while the four year old covered his face. When the boys were clean, they all went downstairs to make breakfast.

"Where's Louis?" Harry asked from his chair at the table.

"He's upstairs with Papa, sleeping. He had a nightmare last night, so he came to our bed. You have to be gentle with him today, okay?"

Harry nodded.

As soon as Liam had gotten out of bed, Zayn opened his eyes. He assumed the other kids were awake, and he was going to get them.

Louis was also waking up slowly, and he didn't seem to realize where he was at first.

"Hi Lou" Zayn whispered. Louis looked up. "Hi papa" he said, shyly.

"How did you sleep?" Zayn asked. Louis rolled so he was facing Zayn, and got closer to him, searching for cuddles. Zayn hugged him and rubbed his back.

"I don't like nightmares" he whispered.

"That's okay baby, we'll protect you"

Louis was about to fall asleep again, so Zayn got up, with Louis still in his arms. They entered the kitchen like this.

"Hi Lou-Lou!" Harry almost screamed. Louis turned his face and smiled at him. "Good morning Haz" Niall was too concentrated on a piece of bread to even look up.

"Papa can we paint today?" Harry asked. It was amazing how fast the boys had gotten used to the names, they didn't expect that until the second month or something. And they were really easy kids.

"Yes Haz, today we'll paint. We've got lots of stuff to do today"