Sleepover

Liam was making lunch for the whole family one day when he received a call from his sister Nicola. He managed to answer the call with one hand and placed his phone between his shoulder and his ear.

"Hi!" He said cheerfully.

"Hi Liam, love, how are you?" He heard his sister's voice.

"Great, you?"

"Good, all's good. Listen, Jack's sleeping over in our house tonight, I was thinking maybe you'd like to bring Louis too? I think he'd like that, don't you?"

Liam stopped cooking for a minute to think about it. He looked outside through the kitchen window, that had a full view of the garden. The three kids were playing with Louis' ball. Harry was clumsy, and Niall needed Zayn's help for everything, but they were laughing. Liam couldn't stop himself from smiling for a second.

"I don't know... I don't really think he'd be comfortable, you know? He's never ben away from us since he came here."

"It would be good for him!" Nicola exclaimed. "I had a talk with Seth about Louis, you know. He knows he has to be careful and treat him well. Jack does too. Just think about it?"

"I'll ask Zayn... I'm just scared for him. What if he misses us? You know he still wets the bed like once a week, and if he has a nightmare..." Liam was just thinking out loud, but he wanted to be sure about it.

"Talk to Zayn, think about it and call me back, alright?"

Liam hummed in response and they hung up.

After lunch, once Harry and Niall were asleep and Louis was watching some cartoon in the living room, Liam decided to tell his husband what his sister had told him earlier.

"So, what do you think?" Liam asked after he explained everything.

"I don't know what to do..." Zayn said, running a hand over his hair. "I mean... We could ask him. See what he thinks."

"I'm afraid he'll just say yes to please everyone, when in reality he doesn't feel safe over there." Liam confessed.

"Well, how about we tell him that he can go if he wants, and he can take clothes and a toothbrush and stuff, but as soon as he feels like coming back here he tells your sister to call, and we'll be ready to go pick him up."

"I don't think he'll do it. If he wants to come back he won't tell Nicky, he'll be too afraid to bother her." Liam said. He really didn't feel like it was a good idea.

"I think it can be good for him, Li." Zayn said. "Let's just ask him, please. I think it's a good idea."

"Okay." Liam gave in. The two adults finished cleaning the kitchen and walked hand in hand to the loving room. Louis was sitting on the couch, with the ball between his legs but his eyes fixed on the TV.

"Lou, can we pause it for a second?" Louis nodded and grabbed the remote. He pressed the button, stopping the animation, and looked at his fathers.

"What's the matter?" He asked innocently. Liam cooed inside. He couldn't let his baby alone for the night!

"Lou, Jack is sleeping over at Seth's house today. Do you wanna go with them?" Zayn asked the kid. Louis' eyes opened slightly.

"To sleep?" He asked. Zayn nodded.

"But as soon as you feel like you wanna come back, you can tell Seth's mum, she'll call us immediately. They live really close, it's really no problem, okay? And it's only if you want to." Liam explained. Louis seemed to think about it for a minute, and then he looked up.