New friends

Liam's birthday was fun. The kids woke him up in bed with their present: a large picture of the family drawn only by them (Harry drew the shapes and Louis colored in with Niall's help). It was a bit messy, but it was lovely. Harry also got to give Liam the shirt that he had picked out with Zayn, and Liam loved it as well. They had pancakes for breakfast, like on every special occasion, and they even put a candle on Liam's pancake to sing "Happy Birthday" to him.

Liam's family came over for lunch, so the boys got to play with their cousins. They had a great time at the small party. Niall was very excited when the adults told him his birthday would take place in two weeks, since apparently he didn't remember. For the rest of the day he reminded everyone who looked at him that he was going to be a big boy when he turned three. The boys had a great day, and went to sleep with their tummies full of cake.

***************************************

Liam and Zayn woke up the following day when a little body climbed between them, laying down and closing his eyes again. Louis had been doing that lately. He didn't like waking up alone, so as soon as he was awake he'd run to his parents' bed, with his new stuffed lion under his arm. He didn't let the animal out of his sight at night since Niall had given it to him.

Louis was asleep again, so they decided to let him sleep for a while, and they took turns to have a shower and make breakfast. When they were done, they woke up the three kids and took them downstairs. It was the last day before Liam had to start working, and it was also the day they were going to Luke's house. They hadn't told the kids about that yet.

"What are we doing today?" Louis asked with his mouth full of cereal.

"Don't speak with your mouth full, Lou. And today we're going to meet some new people! We're going to meet a family that lives pretty close, and one of the kids goes to Louis' class! Isn't it cool? You're going to meet one of your classmates before you start!" Liam said, trying to make it interesting. The kids didn't answer.

After breakfast they make sure the kids were clean in a long bath they took together, with a lot of toys and bubbles. Then they got them dressed, putting Niall in a pull up just in case, and watched TV for a while, until Zayn considered it was time for them to leave. They buckled the boys in their carseats and left. It was close enough that they could walk, but they didn't want to deal with whiny kids that would complain after two minutes because "their legs hurt".

Soon they were at the door that the man had directed them to in the texts. Liam made sure one more time that everyone looked presentable, and they knocked the door. A tall man opened the door.

"Hi! You must be Liam and Zayn!" He said with a weird accent and a large smile. "My name's Calum!" The adult shook hands. Suddenly, a kid ran to the door, crushing against his father's legs. He looked at the family waiting at the door.

"This is Michael, our youngest boy" the adult said, putting a hand on the boy's hair.

Michael suddenly opened his eyes. "Harry!" He screamed. Harry smiled as well. "Mickey! Papa, we played together!" He said, excited.

"Oh! I remember now! You're the couple from the mall!" Zayn said.

"Oh yeah! I knew you looked familiar. What a coincidence!" Calum laughed. "Well come in!" He said.

Michael took Harry's hand immediately and ran upstairs with him, shouting things about his toys and how they were going to play. Harry followed, happy that he actually had a friend.