Christmas magic

"Is it snowing yet?" Liam asked Zayn in a whisper. Zayn shook his head with a pout.

"Not yet, but it's supposed to start in an hour." He answered, looking at his phone.

It was December 23rd, and Louis' birthday was only hours away. It just happened that, according to the Weather Channel, it was supposed to snow pretty heavily during the night, and their town would wake up in the morning covered in snow. Zayn and Liam wanted it to be a surprise for the boys, so they'd kept them away from the news all day. It wasn't hard, considering that the boys didn't have phones, and they only watched cartoons.

A few days back, Zayn was out Christmas shopping for the boys when he found the most beautiful wooden sled in a vintage shop downtown. It was old and rusty, but Zayn had fallen in love with the thing. After one simple text to Liam, he decided to buy it and repair it himself. He also bought waterproof paint and tools to make it safer for the boys, and got to work that same day. He had used a beautiful light blue as a background, and other vivid colors to decorate. It looked amazing.

The stars had decided to align that same day, when all they heard that it was supposed to snow the very night before Louis' birthday. It was just perfect. They would make sure the boy didn't look outside and see the snow, and then the following day he would open the door and see his present, perfect for the day.

They knew the weather prediction wasn't 100% trustworthy, so they also had a backup present for the boy: the Manchester United kit. It was already wrapped, and if they woke up without snow, they would just give it to him and put the sled under the tree for Christmas.

Poor Louis wasn't sure what to think about his birthday. He remembered how Niall's was celebrated, and the fun they'd had. They went to the movies, ate a lot of cake and sang "Happy Birthday" a thousand times. But Niall had been talking about his birthday for weeks until it happened, while Louis was quiet. He didn't even know if Liam and Zayn remembered!

Louis curled himself up in a ball under his sheets, sighing sadly. He did want his daddies to remember and celebrate with him, but he was still slightly shy and scared of being rejected by them. He had too much to loose now. On one hand, his daddies would never forget his birthday... on the other, they had barely mentioned it. Besides, it was Christmas Eve. They didn't want to celebrate both his birthday and Christmas! So it was okay. Okay. Louis was okay with not celebrating.

Liam and Zayn went downstairs after putting the boys to bed, to cuddle on the sofa and watch a movie, like they did every day. They both loved TV shows, and at the moment they were both engrossed with Stranger Things.

"Is it snowing yet?" Liam asked groggily mid episode. Zayn stretched his body to peek through the curtains, and looked outside.

"I think... I think it is!" He said.

"What? Really? Let me see!!" Liam said, pushing the blanket off and climbing over Zayn to the window like a child.

"Yes! Oh my God finally! Please don't stop!" He said, looking outside with a grin.

"A Christmas miracle." Zayn said.

*******************************************

The following morning, Zayn and Liam woke up extra early to prepare everything. The first thing they did was look outside, and they saw that their pleas had been answered, and a thick layer of snow was covering the street, the threes and their garden. It was beautiful, and perfect for the day they had planned.