Louis' teacher

The morning after "Louis' bad night", as the couple was calling it now, Zayn called the school and scheduled a meeting with Louis' teacher. They hadn't given explanations when they enrolled Louis a few months back, so the teacher, Ms. Emily, didn't know anything about Louis.

Zayn and Liam had called Karen and Geoff the night before, and they had agreed to come over early in the morning to be with the kids for a while, so Zayn and Liam could attend their meeting with Louis' teacher.

Explaining it to the kids seemed easy at first. Niall and Harry took it well, and smiled thinking about the cookies Karen always had with her, and the toys Geoff usually buys for them. Louis, on the other hand, shook his head repeatedly. He had been extremely clingy the day before, and he didn't like the idea of having to let go of his parents for a few hours. It took lots of tears and hugs to make Louis agree, after promising that they would be back for lunch. Just in case, they'd warned Liam's parents of the boy's situation, and they told them to call as soon as the boy seemed upset.

So, before the kids were awake, Liam and Zayn had left the house and Karen and Geoff were already there, with a huge breakfast ready, and a few presents for the boys.

Liam and Zayn went to the school, which was ten minutes away from their home. They had done a lot of research before choosing a school for the boy, and this one had been the best option. It was small, there were lots of teachers and their methods weren't usual, they focused more on the individuals. It was, of corse, fancy and expensive. It looked like that from he outside, Liam thought. It was modern and had a cool playground outside.

Since school would be starting in less than a week, some teachers were already working, and the parking wasn't empty. Liam and Zayn walked hand in hand to the room that a nice lady had directed them to the day before, after giving their names and IDs in the office.

After waiting for two minutes in one of the meeting rooms, the door opened and Liam and Zayn stood up, reaching over to shake hands with a friendly looking woman, with dark skin and dark hair, and a huge smile.

"Good morning gentlemen!" She said. "My name is Emily, and I'm going to be Louis' head teacher this year. I understand you wanted to tell me a little bit about him before the school year started?" She asked, sitting down in the chair opposite from the two men. She had a aptos opened with what seemed to be Louis' school file.

"Yes, hello. My name is Liam, and this is my husband, Zayn. We didn't plan on coming here, but some recent events made us reconsider. We hope we're out taking away your time from more important matters, we just want the best for our son." Liam said, as he'd practiced in his head before arriving to the school.

"Of course, don't worry about that. You're the third couple I meet with. It's completely normal for parents to come and soothe their worries before school starts, and I see that it's Louis' first year in the school. I understand that you may be concerned. Why don't you tell me a bit about this 'recent events' you talk about?" She said.

Liam and Zayn really liked her from the start, she seemed like a good listener, and she was already concerned for the boy.

"Yeah, so..." Zayn started, looking at the woman's eyes. Liam put his hand over Zayn's leg in comfort. "We actually adopted Louis three months ago, and he comes from a very abusive home. He was beaten by his father badly after his mother passed when he was three years old, and he barely got out of the house in another two years.  His biological father is now in prison, but that doesn't stop Louis from having constant nightmares about his old life, and it also affects his behavior at home. There are certain things that trigger him into having an episode." Zayn explained. Emily nodded.

"That sounds important, I'm happy you came here to tell me. I will certainly inform the other teachers in his class. Can you please tell me about his life at home? Since the moment you adopted him?"