First days

Heeey! So, before you read this part, there is something I want to explain...

I didn't know that in England kids start 1st grade at 5 years old instead of 6 like here or in the US, so, just to clear things up:

Louis was born in 2009, and he's going to start his 2nd year. He's going to turn 7 in December.

Harry was born in 2012, he's 4, and he still has one year left of preschool. He'll turn 5 in February.

Niall was born in 2013, and he's still little. He's going to turn 3 soon (this story is set in September 2016).

I'm probably wrong with one of them, and I'm aware I've mixed like three education systems. I'm sorry for the confusion.

Hope you like this!

The following day, Liam woke up with his alarm. It took him a while to figure out exactly why he'd set an alarm in the first place, and why he was about to fall off the bed. After a few seconds he realized it was finally Monday, and all of his family was cramped in the bed. Liam turned off the alarm, thankfully not waking up anyone. Before he left the room, he looked fondly at his kids and husband. Louis was laying almost completely on Zayn, and had his hand over the man's beard. Harry had managed to push everyone aside, and he was occupying a big portion of the bed, sprawled out like a starfish. Niall had ended up at the foot of the bed, and he was about to fall. That's why they kept him in a crib-bed in the first place, Liam thought. He picked up the kid and placed in the spot he'd left.

Liam had breakfast and showered on his own, for the first time since the kids arrived. He certainly didn't remember how it felt like. It was kind of boring. And the sun wasn't out yet. The darkness didn't cheer him up.

Before leaving for work, Liam walked back to his room. He went to Zayn's side of the bed, and tried to wake him up.

"Mmhh" Zayn said, after a lot of poking from Liam.

"I'm leaving for work. I love you" he said, and placed a kiss to the man's lips.

"Mh you too..." Zayn said, still half asleep.

"Daddy?"

Harry had woken up, and he was sitting, sleepy between his brothers.

"Shh, Hazza. Your brothers are sleeping" Liam said.

"You're going?" Harry asked in a whisper this time.

"Only for a few hours, love. I'll be here when you wake up from your nap" he assured the kid.

"Can I go with you?" Harry pouted, raising his arms.

"No love, I'm sorry. I'll be back soon, alright? Take care of Papa for me" Liam said, blowing a kiss to Harry. The kid nodded and fell back to the mattress.

Liam actually liked his job, and he got along with all his coworkers. It was fun to be at the station. They had a gym (reason why Liam could easily carry the three kids at the same time) (or hold Zayn against a wall, but that definitely wasn't his priority), a small living room and a dining room. If there wasn't an emergency, they spent the day working out and talking.

Everyone wanted to know every detail of Liam's new life with kids, and he showed everyone the thousand photos he had in his phone of the kids. He answered a thousand questions, and he told lots of stories of the boys. It was a pretty relaxed day. He missed the kids every second, though. He even called in twice, to make sure everything was okay. Both times Zayn laughed at him.