EPILOGUE: Gotcha day!

April 30th, 2017

Liam was woken up by gentle fingers on his arm, like every Saturday. He smiled even before he opened his eyes, knowing who was behind them. When he felt the little fingers trying to wake him up once more, he finally opened his eyes and looked up, where he found Niall, his little blond tornado, looking at him with his bright blue eyes wide open.

"Good morning, Niall." Liam whispered, trying not to wake up his husband, still sound asleep next to him. It was early, too early for everyone except Niall, who was the only early riser in the house.

"Daddy", Niall said, throwing his arms up for Liam. Liam picked him up without even sitting up on his bed, and Niall laid down on his daddy's chest, closing his eyes again.

"Sleepy?" Liam chuckled. Niall nodded slightly, and in a few seconds he was asleep. Liam managed to doze off for another hour, before Niall woke him up again, this time with little kisses. There was no better way to wake up in the morning.

"Hello, baby!" Liam laughed, getting out of his bed with Niall on his arms. "Let's make something yummy to eat, okay? Something for you and your brothers and papa?" Liam cooed. "Do you wanna go potty first?"

"Pancakes, daddy." Niall said, at the same time that he yawned and rubbed his eyes.

"Alright, pancakes it is!" Liam said. He took Niall to the bathroom and waited patiently until he was done with his business. Finally in the kitchen, he sat Niall down in his special chair, slightly taller than the rest, and he began to make the pancake mix he knew by heart at that point.

"Daddy. I had a dweam!" Niall said from his chair. Liam smiled fondly. "What dream, love?" He asked.

"I was at beach wiff Sophie!" Niall said.

"Really? How about Louis and Harry? Were they there?"

"Yes, daddy! They pwayed wiff me too!"

Liam kept Niall talking about his dream, which apparently featured every single person Niall knew. Suddenly, little steps were heard going down the stairs slowly, someone was clearly sleepy. Liam turned to the door, to see Louis, dressed in his favorite pajamas: one of Liam's t-shirts and black leggings.

"Good morning, Louis!" Liam smiled to his oldest son. Louis smiled back at him and sat on his assigned seat at the kitchen table.

"Why pancakes?" Louis asked. In that household, pancakes were only made for special occasions, like birthdays or important dates. The boys didn't understand why Liam had chosen that specific day to make pancakes; something important needed to happen.

"Just because. Do you think we should wake up Harry and papa?" Liam asked.

"Papa's awake. He's in the bathroom. He told me to tell you that he's going to wake Harry up and bring him here." Louis suddenly said. Liam chuckled at him. "And you forgot?" He asked, knowingly. Louis blushed and nodded.

At that moment, Zayn entered the kitchen, with Harry asleep in his arms.

"Good morning, my boys." He said, smiling at everyone.

"Papa!" Niall said as a greeting. Zayn walked to Liam, who was busy with the pancakes, and kissed his cheek.

"Hey love! Is Harry asleep?" Liam said.