nineteen

hello, another update bc i felt bad for not updating for like three and half weeks

Jimin didn't get nervous about a lot of things, but meeting Yoongi's parents — actually sitting down and meeting them — he felt like he was going to throw up. He was pacing back and forth in front of his door, waiting for Yoongi to pick him up. Jimin was dressed to the nine's or at least that's what his mom had told him.

When Yoongi knocked on Jimin's door, the latter jumped, making his dad laugh. He'd been watching his son pace back and forth, running his hands through the hair his sister had spent an hour trying to tidy. Jimin glared at his father, squinting his eyes in distaste.

"Piss off, dad." Mr. Park laughed loudly, and Jimin sighed. Another knock sounded out and Jimin rushed to open the door, completely forgetting about his boyfriend, who he'd left standing out in the cold.

"Hey, beauti– do you feel alright?" Yoongi asked, immediately bringing his hand up to Jimin's forehead. The younger boy was flushed, and the skin under his eyes drooped as if he hadn't slept for days. Yoongi laid his palms on Jimin's cheeks, feeling the hotness of his skin.

"I'm fine, are you ready?" Jimin asked, licking his lips nervously. He didn't really know why he was nervous, he'd had plenty of side conversations with Mrs. Min, little things like 'thank you for the cookies,' or 'yes, yoongi told me about the condoms.' But Jimin had never been expected to sit down and hold a conversation before, and everything about the idea of having to be interesting scared him.

Yoongi had assured Jimin that he was never boring, and that he could ramble on for hours and never once would Yoongi be bored, but Jimin still felt he was over sharing if he talked for three minutes without stopping. Yoongi pressed his thumbs into Jimin's cheekbones, pulling the younger boy away from his doubtful thoughts, and into the dark brown of Yoongi's eyes.

"Hey, you'll be fine. My parents are chill, okay?" Jimin nodded, but Yoongi could still see the apprehension in his eyes. Yoongi leant forward and pressed his lips against Jimin's, and the younger boy physically relaxed. Jimin wrapped his arms loosely around Yoongi's neck, and sighed into the older boy's mouth.

"Hey, you're letting all the cold air in!" Mr. Park yelled from the living room. Yoongi laughed softly and reached behind Jimin to shut the door. It bumped Jimin in the butt, making him stumble forward slightly.

"Come on, I left the car running." Yoongi pulled away from Jimin, taking the latter' hand in his own and leading him towards the car. Jimin happily walked next to him, feeling much more relaxed than he did only a few minutes before.

The drive to Yoongi's house was short, and if the weather was nicer Jimin probably would have walked to Yoongi's house everyday just to see him. Jimin and Yoongi sat in his driveway for a second, Jimin staring blankly at the dashboard while Yoongi rubbed circles on the back of his hand with his thumb.

Yoongi leant over and kissed Jimin's temple before unbuckling his seatbelt and getting out of the car. He could hear Jimin psyching himself up as he walked around the car to open his boyfriends door. Yoongi helped Jimin out of the car and led him to the front door, and Jimin clenched his hand.

"Sorry, I don't know why I'm so nervous." Jimin said quietly. Yoongi just kissed him again before opening the door. Mrs. Min was on them immediately, a big grin on her face.

"Jimin! I'm so glad we can finally sit down and have a conversation! Come in, come in." Mrs. Min said, gesturing for the two boys to follow her.

"Wow, Yoongi, I'm so glad you're home! You're my favorite son, what would I do without you? I love you so much! Aw, mom, I love you too." Yoongi muttered to himself. Jimin laughed and smiled at Yoongi, who was rolling his eyes at his mom's antics.

"I ordered pizza, because I wasn't really sure what both of you would eat. Yoongi's pretty picky, when he was little all he would eat was scrambled eggs and plain elbow noodles." Mrs. Min laughed a feathery laugh that made Jimin feel comfortable. Yoongi grumbled under his breath and Jimin smiled at him. Yoongi had heard plenty of embarrassing stories about him, and Jimin was glad to finally be getting revenge.

In the kitchen, Mr. Min sat behind a newspaper, scanning his eyes over the words without actually taking them in. If he was honest, he'd been watching the two boys over the top of the newspaper, observing how Yoongi would glance over at Jimin when he wasn't looking, and how every once and a while Jimin would squeeze Yoongi's hand for reassurance.

"Hello, Jimin." Mr. Min said. The boy jumped at the sound of Mr. Min's deep voice, but quickly recovered by trying to play it off like he was bouncing on his heels.

"Hello, Mr. Min." Jimin said, smiling hesitantly. Mr. Min pushed the paper to the side as Mrs. Min handed out plates stacked with pizza slices. Jimin noticed that they were paper plates, and he felt himself relaxing even further. There was nothing to be worried about, the Min's were chill, just like Yoongi had said.

Jimin felt a hand on his leg and he looked over at Yoongi, who was staring in the other direction. Jimin placed his hand over Yoongi's and interlaced their fingers. Mrs. Min smiled to herself and looked down at her pizza, happy that her son had found someone to love, even if he hadn't realized it yet.

psa: i have a oneshot book that everyone should go check out
it's mostly yoonmin, there's one yoonseok in there, but it will be mostly yoonmin ok cool cool
(also possibly namjin/taeseok from time to time)