twenty-one

Jimin wandered aimlessly around the store, Namjoon trailing behind him, muttering curses under his breath. Jimin had dragged him out to go 'first-time' shopping, something Namjoon had never heard of, nor wanted to hear of ever again.

But you have experience, I don't! Jimin had said, trying to pull Namjoon out of his bed. Namjoon had only gone with him to keep Jimin from completely embarrassing himself looking for condoms.

"I thought you told me his parents bought him some for Christmas?" Namjoon asked, picking up a random box. On the front there was a sticker that read: ribbed, extra large! and he hastily shoved them back on the shelf.

"They did," Jimin turned a condom box around and started reading the back of it. "And then when I went over to his house, I read them and realized they're mint flavored. I hate mint." Jimin pushed the box back onto the shelf and sighed. "Where the hell are the normal condoms?"

"Wait, they bought him flavored condoms for Christmas?" Namjoon asked. He didn't really want to know about Yoongi and Jimin's sex life, but what parents advocate sex?

"Yeah. They also think I'm a top— what does extra lubricant mean?" Jimin asked, holding up a box. Namjoon sighed and took the box from Jimin, and threw it back onto the shelf. He pushed Jimin out of the aisle and out the door of the shop. They obviously weren't going to find anything normal in a shop called Wild Willie's Leather and Lace.

"Look, you may just want to go with the mint. It's not like you'll have to suck–"

"Namjoon, stop, that's gross." Jimin said. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and texted Yoongi, telling him that his search for regular condoms was a bust.

"So you two actually planned this out?" Namjoon asked, looking over Jimin's shoulder at his phone. "Who sets a date to have sex?"

"I'm losing my virginity, Namjoon. I didn't want it to be some impromptu thing where we fuck inside a public restroom."

"Will you ever let that go?" Namjoon spat, glaring at his friend. Jimin threw his hands into the air, an exasperated look on his face.

"No! We were supposed to be Christmas shopping!" Jimin yelled. Two years ago, he and Namjoon had gone to the mall to pick up some last minute presents. While Jimin went to the Disney store to pick up something for Uri, Namjoon slipped into the bathroom with some random person – Namjoon still wouldn't tell him who – and had a quickie. The only reason Jimin found out is because he could hear them from outside the restroom.

Namjoon rolled his eyes and got into the drivers seat, backing out of the parking lot before Jimin could get in the car. "Are you kidding me? Get back here!" Jimin ran through the parking lot, but Namjoon kept driving away. "Goddammit, Namjoon."

Jimin pulled his phone out of his pocket and texted Yoongi, praying that he was awake. That boy could sleep until dinner time and still feel tired two hours later.

Jimin: hi i love you
Yoongi: what do u need
Yoongi: also love you too
Jimin: namjoon left me in the parking lot at a store and i need you to come get me
Yoongi: i'll be there soon, what's the store name
Jimin: promise you won't laugh
Yoongi: okay ?
Jimin: wild willie's leather and lace
Yoongi: why in the everloving fuck are you at a sex shop
Jimin: i told you not to laugh!
Yoongi: im not laughing, but i am curious
Jimin: i was with namjoon
Yoongi: and namjoon hates sex shops, they make him uncomfortable, so, jimin, why did you go to a sex shop?
Yoongi: im here, just tell me in the car

Jimin looked up to see Yoongi pulling into the parking lot, an amused grin on his face. Jimin flushed deep red and got in the car, not daring to utter a word.

"So, why were you frequenting this lovely establishment?" Yoongi asked. Jimin could hear the grin in his voice, even if Jimin refused to look at him. Jimin continued staring out the window until he felt Yoongi's hand on his knee.

"What are you doing?" Jimin asked, still looking out the window.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Yoongi said. Jimin felt Yoongi's hand slide up to his thigh and Jimin smacked Yoongi's arm.

"Eyes on the road." Jimin said.

"My eyes are on the road, Jimin."

"I'm going to punch you." Jimin tried to ignore Yoongi's hand on his leg, Yoongi's pointer finger rubbing small circles on the inside of his thigh. Jimin thought of his grandmother, his dead dog, and even the time he'd walked in on his parents almost doing it, but nothing worked. Yoongi's fingers felt like fire on Jimin's skin, the flames working their way down Jimin's leg and throughout his whole body.

Yoongi pulled into his driveway, and almost rejoiced at the fact his parents were out. He looked over at Jimin, who was staring out the window with a stoic expression. Yoongi could tell by the flush in his cheeks that he wasn't completely unfazed.

"Jimin," Yoongi said, reaching over and turning the boy's head so he could look him in the eyes.

"Yoongi."

It was like a dam broke.

Suddenly Jimin and Yoongi were rushing out of the car, barely remembering to take off their shoes so they wouldn't stain Mrs. Min's pristine white carpet. Yoongi picked Jimin up and tossed him over his shoulder, making the younger boy squeak with surprise.

Yoongi kissed Jimin lightly as he undressed him, and Jimin reveled in the feeling. Sure, he was bare, but he'd never felt safer. Not even in the middle of the night, when his mom would run her fingers through his hair to calm him from a nightmare did Jimin ever feel this safe, this much at home.

"I love you." Jimin said quietly. Yoongi kissed Jimin's lips again and pushed him backwards onto the bed.

"I love you more."

hey.

funny story; wild willie's leather and lace is an actual store.
i've been
(it's terrifying)