twenty

Yoongi sat on the couch next to him mom as they watched some reality show. Yoongi listened carefully as the woman spoke about love, about how one feels when they're experiencing it. Yoongi clenched his hands into fists as realization slapped him in the face.

Mrs. Min smiled to herself as she watched her son tense out of the corner of her eye. Of course she'd purposely put on a sappy love reality show. She'd been trying for a week straight to knock some sense into her son, let him know that he definitely did love Jimin. This was her last stitch attempt, and she almost wanted to shout in triumph that it worked.

"Shit," Yoongi whispered under his breath. "Shit, Mom." Mrs. Min turned to face Yoongi, who was still staring at the television.

"Yes, Yoongi?" Mrs. Min asked, trying to keep the smile off her face. Yoongi ran his hands through his hair and shook his head frantically.

"Shit, Mom." Yoongi repeated, looking at her with wide eyes. Mrs. Min couldn't keep the smile off her face as she watched her son freak out. "Shit, oh my god."

"Okay, I know you're freaking out but if you say shit one more time I will ground you." Mrs. Min said.

"Mom," Yoongi whispered, as if he was sharing a big secret. "Mom I think I love Jimin."

Mrs. Min rolled her eyes. "Well duh."

Yoongi glared at his mother and walked to his room, head spinning. Of course he always knew that he really liked Jimin, but he couldn't pinpoint the exact time that he fell in love. The movies and his parents always talked about the moment when everything clicked, but for Yoongi, that moment never came. He wracked his brain, thinking back to all the cute things Jimin had done, but nothing really stood out to him. Jimin was always cute, and always lovely, and Yoongi believed that that's why he loved him. Not because of once specific moment, but because Jimin was just Jimin, and everything about him had Yoongi wrapped around his little finger.

Yoongi sat down on his bed and grabbed his phone off the bedside table. Now that he was sure that he loved Jimin, he couldn't wait to tell him. He wanted to tell Jimin, then shout it from the rooftops so everybody knew that he was in love, that he was so fucking in love with Park Jimin.

Yoongi tapped his finger on his thighs impatiently as he waited for Jimin to pick up the phone. Finally, after what seemed like a year, Jimin's voice squeaked through the phone.

"Hello?" The quietly asked question was followed by a series of violent coughs.

"Jimin, are you alright?" Yoongi asked, already pulling on a pair of pants and his shoes. He could hear Jimin start a sentence, but was quickly cut off again by coughing.

"Y-" wheezing. "Yes, I'm fine." Yoongi rolled his eyes and grabbed his ipod from his desk, before walking towards the front door.

"See you later, mom! I'm going to see Jimin!" Yoongi yelled into the living room. Mrs. Min yelled back a muffled, go get 'em, tiger! and Yoongi shut the door behind him.

"Don't come over, Yoongi, seriously I'll get you sick." Jimin said, his voice scratchy. Yoongi rolled his eyes at his boyfriend, always so stubborn, but Yoongi was even more so.

"I'll see you in a few, babe." Yoongi hung up before Jimin could try to talk him out of it. He hurried the Jimin's house, and the front door was open, a note stuck to the doorknob. It said that Yoongi could just walk in, and to please close the door behind him.

Yoongi hurried upstairs to Jimin's room, and he could hear the boy coughing from all the way down the hall. Yoongi opened the door slowly to reveal Jimin, nose red and eyes watery. Yoongi kicked off his shoes and laid down his jacket on Jimin's desk chair.

He crawled under Jimin's blanket and kissed the back of Jimin's neck. "Hey, sweetheart."

Jimin turned over in Yoongi's arms and pushed his nose into Yoongi's neck. Yoongi wrapped his arms around Jimin's waist and pulled the younger boy against him. "What's with all the pet names?"

"Am I not allowed to show affection to my boyfriend?" Yoongi asked, looking down at the top of Jimin's head. The orange was starting to fade, and Jimin's dark brown roots were peaking through.

"I mean, sure, but why so suddenly?" Jimin asked. He looked up at Yoongi through his bangs to find Yoongi staring down at him loving.

Yoongi looks at you the same way daddy looks at mommy, I thought you'd noticed by now.

Jimin blushed and pushed his forehead against Yoongi's chest. Yoongi didn't answer Jimin's question, instead he decided to stay quiet so Jimin could fall back asleep.

Jimin, however, was wide awake, wheels turning. He had never been in love, and Yoongi seemed like the perfect person for him to be in love with, but what if Yoongi didn't feel the same? Jimin didn't want to tell Yoongi he loved him if it only push him away.

Jimin felt Yoongi sigh and snuggle closer to him. Jimin put his arms around Yoongi's torso and pressed his cold hands under Yoongi's shirt. Yoongi flinched and Jimin kissed his chest lightly through his shirt. "Sorry, I'm cold."

"Don't worry about it." Yoongi said. He kissed the top of Jimin's head, and Jimin sighed heavily before shutting his eyes. "Jimin."

Jimin hummed sleepily and he felt Yoongi shift slightly, so instead of laying against him, Jimin was laying on top of Yoongi's body, his chin pressed to his chest. Jimin wrapped his legs around Yoongi's waist and his arms around his neck, trying to get comfortable in the new position.

"Hey, don't fall asleep yet." Yoongi pushed Jimin's hair off his forehead and Jimin's eyes fluttered open, his eyes tired. Yoongi smiled at him and Jimin smiled lazily back. "I love you."

Jimin just nodded and let his forehead flop onto Yoongi's chest, his hair slouching to the side cutely. If he was being honest, Yoongi didn't mind that Jimin didn't say it back, the scene in front of him made up for the fact Jimin didn't tell him he loved him. Jimin's soft snores filled the silence, and Yoongi carded his fingers through Jimin's soft hair, never wanting the moment to end.

just a heads up that the story is ending soon
(1-3 chapters at most)
but i have started another yoonmin fic for after this one is over, and the prologue is up on my profile if you want to check it out !!